IMAG0161

Views: 1629
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff
zeroG Raptor

Views: 1966
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff

Author Topic: Alchemist FC Board Needed  (Read 2657 times)

RayBlueSky

• Flying officer
Alchemist FC Board Needed
« on: October 31, 2017, 02:40:45 PM »

Hi to all Alchemists (a person who transforms or creates something through a seemingly magical process of the magical art of an FC Board)

I too am in search of this!  :blank: I have spent many hours mixing Arduino, MWOSD, MultiWii, CF, BF and Inav...

Not once have I created the Magic GOLD FC that glittered like gold and worked...
Just when I get close there is one element that's not possible... either the GPS doesn't work or the OSD doesn't show on the screen.
Its not as if I want anything more than an FC that could perform miracles!
All I ask is for a FC with Inav, GPS and OSD for an fixed wing craft that actually works  ;)

I have probably spent hundreds of hours watching YouTube clips of people who have the exact same FC showing "How To Do It" and it never works exactly as theirs does...

The question is... Is there a FC Board out there that is easier to set up than most?
I am not looking for a plug and play, more a FC that will work on connecting and tweak to suit my flying needs.
If you have a working FC and has all of the above that uses standard GUI's available off the net and actually works I would like to know what it is and where to buy it.

The only other option I have is to use the Turnigy T1000FC Autopilot I bought many years ago and works perfectly.

Regards RBS   

drambuidhe

• Squadron Leader
Re: Alchemist FC Board Needed
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 05:29:46 PM »

This is exactly the sort of problems I know I'd have too :-[
Thats why I use the F2s Flight controller , its a step up from the T1000 (I have one too) having an inbuilt OSD plus it can be turned off.Have a look at my vid on fpv plane video section. ;)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 04:23:38 PM by Coyote »

RayBlueSky

• Flying officer
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 08:53:49 PM »

Finally I have managed to get a fully functioning FC with Inav working  ;D
The board in question is a SPRacing F3 Delux from Banggood, oddly enough they stopped selling them very soon after I bought mine but managed to find them on Hobbyking too but very little info
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/seriously-pro-racing-f3-fc-board-deluxe-with-internal-osd.html?___store=en_us

Success came when I downloaded and paid for the MWOSD version 1.7 and used the flash option choosing the following...
Version "1.7.2.0"
Device "Minum"
Variant "Inav"
Type     "Aero"

On loading the Hex file it flashed and connected perfectly  :D
Whilst the Inav GUI OSD isn't operational directly; once the telemetry and OSD is switched on in the Config tab all of the telemetry is visible and outputs to the VTX so I am well chuffed to have found a way to make it work  ;)
The GPS is working perfectly once I used the Ucentre to alter baudrate etc
Its been a long journey but on the way at least I have managed to understand a lot more of how flight controllers work and communicate.
I feel optimistically confident when the Omnibus F4 arrives I will at least have some idea of how to set it up  :+
now its on to stage 2, getting it in the air, now all I need is a day off and a calm day which doesn't seem to happy very often at the same time  :(

Regards RBS

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 09:04:30 PM »

Why have you simply not loaded iNAV onto it..?  Or have you..?

Oh wait you did....this is an old style FC though...The F4 will be more straightforward for sure...cheaper too...

:vulture:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:09:26 PM by English Turbines »
Nothing beats the smell of Jet-A at 800 Celsius...:)
Falcon UHF & 1280mhz Video.
SW1900 & Storm.

RayBlueSky

• Flying officer
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 04:58:34 PM »

To be honest its a bit of an oddball FC as the OSD has its own setup port and a separate port for the FC  (?)
I thought it would be so easy to set up the OSD but it wouldn't connect to any version of aduino  >:(
as a last resort I purchased the MW-OSD 1.7.2 GUI and it recognised the Micro Minum chipset

Yep sure am itchin to get cracking with the F4 board, it should be much easier now I have a little knowledge.
at least on the journey I have managed to sort out numerous other FC's I managed to programme incorrectly and almost binned...

Cheers RBS 

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 05:31:42 PM »

To be honest its a bit of an oddball FC as the OSD has its own setup port and a separate port for the FC  (?)
I thought it would be so easy to set up the OSD but it wouldn't connect to any version of aduino  >:(
as a last resort I purchased the MW-OSD 1.7.2 GUI and it recognised the Micro Minum chipset

Yep sure am itchin to get cracking with the F4 board, it should be much easier now I have a little knowledge.
at least on the journey I have managed to sort out numerous other FC's I managed to programme incorrectly and almost binned...

Cheers RBS

Great you got it working though, the Omnibus F4 with iNAV loaded is so easy even I can do it.

One of the notable features of that older F3 board is the 8 sets of pinouts for servos.....Exactly what is need for Fixed Wing users. While the F4 has enough, its not ideal.
  Im hoping someone rearranges the F4 for maximum servo pinouts, although im not holding my breath, its a Multi Rotor board really..

SW1900 & Storm.

RayBlueSky

• Flying officer
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 06:13:38 PM »

A few quick question regarding Inav... I assume they are generic questions that the answers will probably be for all F.C's
I have the board set up and GPS and OSD working  :D all is good, the questions are... does the aircraft need to be actually in the air before it shows altitude? also as yet it hasn't shown distance from home even though I was a good 30 feet away from getting 8 satellites locked before moving it outdoors. when I switch in RTH the flight mode says "Gyro"
I was expecting it to display RTH/RTL
so close but no cigar  :+

Cheers for any help before I chuck it in the air  :o
Ray

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 07:11:07 PM »

A few quick question regarding Inav... I assume they are generic questions that the answers will probably be for all F.C's
I have the board set up and GPS and OSD working  :D all is good, the questions are... does the aircraft need to be actually in the air before it shows altitude? also as yet it hasn't shown distance from home even though I was a good 30 feet away from getting 8 satellites locked before moving it outdoors. when I switch in RTH the flight mode says "Gyro"
I was expecting it to display RTH/RTL
so close but no cigar  :+

Cheers for any help before I chuck it in the air  :o
Ray

Sounds normal to me....For your first flight, I would strongly suggest LOS only, with your DVR recording the downlink so you can watch at your leisure later.

Launch in Pass thru Mode and fly it around for a while and trim it etc....When you Arm the FC it will start the flytime clock, forget the Ontime clock, you dont need it.
  As soon as you launch the FC will show you groundspeed / altitude.  RTL will not work until after you have launched, meantime it will show a default Flight Mode instead.

Get comfortable with it, then test each Flight Mode is reacting as expected.  I fly around in Horizon or Alt Hold Mode most if not all the time, its amazing, reduces the workload so you can focus on other stuff.
  I even land it in Horizon Mode, probably shouldn't do, but its a handful in Pass Mode as I have a lot of Elevon movement set up on it.
  Walk dont run is my advice....Oh and 8 Sats is not many, consider a 20 Sat M8N GPS.

SW1900 & Storm.

RayBlueSky

• Flying officer
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 08:30:04 PM »

Cheers E.T.
Excellent advice  :) And so pleased to know the Alt and Ground speed doesn't kick in till its airborne  :)
Its saved me hours of head scratching why it didn't show on the OSD.

Its a Z84 wing wing so it should be easy to get it up in the air. I used the Inav Z84 setup and I have watched enough YouTube to know the Inav setup gets it close to acceptable ;)

Many thanks
Ray

Sounds normal to me....For your first flight, I would strongly suggest LOS only, with your DVR recording the downlink so you can watch at your leisure later.

Launch in Pass thru Mode and fly it around for a while and trim it etc....When you Arm the FC it will start the flytime clock, forget the Ontime clock, you dont need it.
  As soon as you launch the FC will show you groundspeed / altitude.  RTL will not work until after you have launched, meantime it will show a default Flight Mode instead.

Get comfortable with it, then test each Flight Mode is reacting as expected.  I fly around in Horizon or Alt Hold Mode most if not all the time, its amazing, reduces the workload so you can focus on other stuff.
  I even land it in Horizon Mode, probably shouldn't do, but its a handful in Pass Mode as I have a lot of Elevon movement set up on it.
  Walk dont run is my advice....Oh and 8 Sats is not many, consider a 20 Sat M8N GPS.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
  • I'm not deaf just thinking
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 11:14:29 AM »

I like the fact that RTH doesnít arm on the ground. That feature on the MFD has caused some serious accidents so be careful. On my MFD AP in the MTD I connected the plane up on the bench without the tx on and it went into failsafe rth and tried to fly back to where it set home the day before! Since then the firmware was changed so it wonít do that now. Moral is, take the props off, or fit the Josh Bardwell smoke stopper. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Favorite TV Series:The Sopranos
Favorite WW2 Movie's: Kelly's Heroes, Battle of Britain, Band of Bro

RayBlueSky

• Flying officer
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2018, 09:29:14 PM »

I am pleased and delighted to write I have finally cracked it  :)
6 long years of failed attempts with multiwi, aduino naze, 328p boards but finally the Omnibus F3 nano loaded with INAV made a golden moment happen ;)
Many Thanks to all that helped me along the way and made it possible,

Cheers RBS

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
  • I'm not deaf just thinking
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 09:28:50 AM »

Well done, thatís tenacity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Favorite TV Series:The Sopranos
Favorite WW2 Movie's: Kelly's Heroes, Battle of Britain, Band of Bro

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 11:04:51 AM »

I am pleased and delighted to write I have finally cracked it  :)
6 long years of failed attempts with multiwi, aduino naze, 328p boards but finally the Omnibus F3 nano loaded with INAV made a golden moment happen ;)
Many Thanks to all that helped me along the way and made it possible,

Cheers RBS

Hi Ray,

Pleased for you m8, after all that effort it must have made it very worthwhile. You must be really hooked now..?

SW1900 & Storm.

RayBlueSky

• Flying officer
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2018, 03:50:12 PM »

Thanks guy's

I think I made every mistake that could possibly be made on the journey to a fully automatic and failsafe RTH
Even when I thought I had it setup perfectly I made the mistake of not checking the Flaps switch/RTH loss of signal default which turned out to be flaps down so my glider just kept going straight and level till the motor cut out and I watched it going down and lost VT signal
NO Problem I thought because I can replay the recorded vid and get the Lat Long position....
Which would have been brill if it wasn't for the fact I put those at the bottom of the OSD screen and due to PAL/NTSC record/playback I couldn't see it on the screen  >:(

Here is my first ever actual flight with goggles on launch and switching to RTH  :o don't worry its only a minute long  ;)

! No longer available

* Recent Topics
Dodgy camera? by MichaelOveva
[Today at 02:04:04 PM]

Drone Debate in Parliament - includes Shakespeare quotes! Yep! by Steve W
[Yesterday at 05:59:11 PM]

Early doors by Steve W
[Yesterday at 10:32:57 AM]

What arrived today? by English Turbines
[Yesterday at 12:11:09 AM]

KINGKONG / LDARC FPV EGG PRO 138mm - no Power to FC by Peter M
[June 22, 2018, 09:48:16 PM]

The PinPointRC GPS tracker - any tests I need to do ? by ched
[June 22, 2018, 09:15:06 PM]

Team Breakout FPV Power Cooling Towers by JAB1a
[June 22, 2018, 06:16:01 PM]

Z-84 Annotated Cruise Around My Field by Steve W
[June 22, 2018, 05:36:14 PM]

A break in our weather by RayBlueSky
[June 22, 2018, 10:57:04 AM]

How big is your motor...? by English Turbines
[June 21, 2018, 09:15:29 PM]

Popped my fixed wing Cherry by grahamjb
[June 21, 2018, 08:51:03 PM]

Martian 2.....& Molly the Dog. by English Turbines
[June 17, 2018, 12:41:43 AM]

FXT Technology....Viper Goggles Test + Tiny Seven by English Turbines
[June 15, 2018, 07:12:26 PM]

Better Bungee Required by Drone 5
[June 15, 2018, 11:58:17 AM]

3D Printed Wing by Coyote
[June 15, 2018, 09:03:56 AM]

* Keywords
fpvhub  fpv hub
first person view video piloting

rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv piloting wings fly flying flight fuse fuselage aileron tail pan tilt tx rx vtx rtx receiver transmitter video radio control controlled headtracker fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting fpv servo servos easystar easy star multiplex antenna VR1400 fatshark video goggles 2.4 5.8 1.2 900 ghz mhz uhf panel antenna circular fpv polarised tracker dbi 10mw 100mw 500mw camera osd fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv first person view video piloting downlink ezantenna tracker gps EzOSD current sensor tiny telemetry autopilot ccd gopro kx131 kx171 FY21 FY21A FY21AP II IMU oracle diversity processor video switcher fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting insurance simulator delta wing glider funjet quadcropter helis heli helicopter electric nitro scratchbuild scratch build batteries battery 2s 3s 4s lipo lipos fpvuk first person view video piloting Antenna fpvhub  fpv first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv Airframe Artifical Horizon Auto pilot Av AWG AWU Bec Brownout Buddy box C rating CG Circular Polarized Data logger Dbi Dbm Dipole Diversity DVR Easycap EPO EPP Failsafe FM Freshnel zone Frequency Gain Ghz Goggles GPS Ground Station Gyro Head Tracker HD Hz Inverted Vee Jst LC Filter Lipo LUX Mah Mhz Omni OSD Pan Patch Platform Polarization Rssi RTH Servo Spotter Telemetry Tilt Tracker Transmitter TVL Ubec UHF Video Splitter Vrx Vtx Watts Yagi  fpv uk first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv

http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;xml http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=0 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=200 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=300 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=400 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=500 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=600 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=700 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=800 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=900 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1000 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1200
* Disclaimer
The content, views and opinions expressed within this forum are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of FpvHub. However, we reserve the right to remove or edit any content considered inappropriate.