Views: 1582
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff
zeroG Raptor

Views: 1917
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is anyone up to anything?  (Read 3199 times)

Steve W

• "The Gaffer"
  • Marshal of the Royal Air Force
  • ^ not actual size
    • DroneFinder
Is anyone up to anything?
« on: April 16, 2018, 02:51:18 PM »

In the interests of resurrecting the forum I was just wondering if anyone was building anything at the moment for the new flying season?

It would be cool to get some good build threads going on - there's a lot on "social media" but not much being posted on here.

If you're not posting on here, why not? What is stopping you? Too much effort or other reasons?

Loopdreams

• Air Commodore
Re: Is anyone up to anything?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 02:59:37 PM »

I've kind of lost a bit of interest in fixed wing FPV, although I am going to get some sort of a decent thermal soarer going for summer.  But yeah just kind of got to the point where it felt like doing the same thing over and over.

Mostly just fly mini quads now as it feels a bit more rewarding to actually improve at something.

iwan_canobi

• Group Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 04:15:58 PM »

I think the issue is that we are falling below a critical mass of active members. Doing write ups takes time and it can be quite disheartening when you form a big post and then see limited response to it. For me though it's more about available time, at the moment I have a lot less due to various things so I tend to spend more actually doing stuff and posting suffers because of that.

That being said I've been encouraged by the response in the E-wings thread, I'll try and post as much content as I can on that as that will be my major focus moving forward!

Facebook groups seem really busy but they are hard to navigate and almost useless for finding historic information on so I don't spend much time on there either.

Not really sure what can be done to encourage people over here, the big scene is mini quads but new users tend to just stick to facebook by the look of things.

Hawkview

• Flying officer
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 06:41:57 PM »

I'm learning hot wire cutting to build a fpv plank using the parts from a hornet the picture is my first prototype 500mm with a chord of 200 to 180 tip

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Coyote

• Admin
    • My New Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 06:55:34 PM »

Just too much on right now so I have neglected flying really, I need to sort some of my builds out but they aren't new builds, just resurrected last year's one.
Education and schoolin is good, but FPV is gooder :)

My Blog
My Youtube
My Vimeo

Ratty

• Air Commodore
    • Inside FPV
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 07:06:37 PM »

If any of you are interested, Channel 4 are filming a Battle of Britain program to celebrate 100 years of the RAF.

They are looking for pilots. FPV and LOS. Filming is planned for the first 2 weeks of June on the South coast.

It sounds like an amazing production, with 40 air craft in the air replicating 3 different battles. All air craft are provided.

I will likely be there.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
  • I'm not deaf just thinking
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 09:57:58 PM »

After all these years of rc flying and a stack of once lovely models sitting neglected  not to mention the thousands of ££££s Iíve just lost the urge to fly in anything but perfect weather. I get more contentment  out of building. Plus my part of the planet is too full of busy bodies sticking there beaks in. In fact I have been considering a real big cull of unwanted gear. And I mean near give away prices just to free up space etc. Maybe I will go to one of the big bring and buy events.
Ps. Also I have just re discovered my love of ArmA3 multiplayer.
Favorite TV Series:The Sopranos
Favorite WW2 Movie's: Kelly's Heroes, Battle of Britain, Band of Bro

dp106

• Wing Commander
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 10:00:44 PM »

I've never really been very good at documenting the whole process to make it worth a read for others..

I have just maidened a new wing, the Revenge from FlyingWings. I've tried to record most of the build process with the camera.  The wing is pre-production so had one rather alarming issue on the maiden but that's hopefully already sorted :) 

Dillwhacker

• Wing Commander
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 10:37:26 PM »

I've got a lovely Skywalker with UHF and 1280 and pan/tilt and a Vector controller. Had it two years.
I has a total of THREE flights on it. Pathetic.
So I plan to build less and fly more  :)
Only thing I'm making ATM is a LiPo tester, out of an Arduino, some VERY fat Mosfets, a heatsink and a fan. I wonder if it will work.
 :o

Steve W

• "The Gaffer"
  • ^ not actual size
    • DroneFinder
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 11:14:46 PM »

For my part I am really missing my Skywalker - I still have my Skywalker Revolution (although in bits at the moment), but I also have a brand new one which I'm going to bring into action in the next couple of weeks (I meant to do it last year lol).

I currently fly my Mini Talon fairly regularly but I'm rapidly realising that it just isn't the plane for me, at least not as a "go to" ... I really like slow and "cruisey" aircraft which I can pan around  and enjoy the view.

I also have a Bush Mule which I've fully kitted out with a Cyclops Tornado OSD and everything else - it's been benched since Christmas, ready to go :o

Not to mention the Z-84 I bought off Ewan a while ago - but I have zero motivation to fly that, I just don't like wings.

So my plan is to go with my heart - I'm going to take my T1000FC and swap it from the z84 and into the Mini Talon. From the Mini Talon I'm going to put its Cyclops Tornado into the new Skywalker.

So I will in effect end up with:

Skywalker 1680 + Cyclops Tornado (Go to plane)
Mini Talon + T1000FC (for when I feel like some speed)
BushMule + Cyclops Tornado (for some nice days, I don't want to trash this one in the mud)
Vortex 285 (when I just have 15 mins or so to have a quick flight)

Lots to do - I need to pull my finger out.

One thing I will say is that I want the Skywalker to be portable which is why I'm stalling a bit. I really hate the rubber bands on the wings and wanted to come up with a new way of attaching them that is simple and secure.. any ideas? On my old Skywalker I used to have 4 bolts embeded in the fuselage protruding through the wings and then screwed down with some washers and wing nuts but it was a bit laborious to attach them all the time.

I was thinking that maybe I could put some kind of wooden attachment down into the ESC area then thread two bars through the fuselage to secure the wings - but I'm interested in anyone elses solution (if they have one). Maybe I just need to get over the elastic band thing, although they really do look crap!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 11:16:46 PM by Steve W »

CurryKitten

• Air Vice-Marshal
  • Brought to you by Google
    • My YouTube page
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 12:06:15 AM »

I'm mainly flying RTF quads and making videos about them. When I'm writing stuff up, I'm generally making it into an article for a magazine... or I'm documenting stuff in my own blog.  My intention was to post up to the forum as well, but my blog stuff, aside from being a touch infrequent, is also a bit of an extra add on to a video, or really spread far apart.  The build of the SkyHook Discovery is still ongoing for example !

That said, aside from my poor excuses, having joined a bunch of Facebook groups - I can't understand why people use them over a forum.  My feed gets absolutely clattered up with people asking the same question, or similar problems.  I do love the forum much more.  Is it that quads have taken over that much, and the normal plane builds that we used to have just aren't there any longer ?

Coyote

• Admin
    • My New Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 06:48:02 AM »

I have no idea, when I need to find any info on builds, setups etc I have never once looked on a Facebook group to do it.

I don't even update my blog anymore, just lost interest in that, had the view but very little feedback doesn't exactly inspire you to do the blog or the forum in all honesty.
Education and schoolin is good, but FPV is gooder :)

My Blog
My Youtube
My Vimeo

Lola

• Group Captain
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 08:45:25 AM »

Been busy the last year building something special....

The Venturi Evo 2 is coming along, made some hinged ailerons for it.

And got a X5 wing from a mate.

Steve W

• "The Gaffer"
  • ^ not actual size
    • DroneFinder
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 12:43:18 PM »

having joined a bunch of Facebook groups - I can't understand why people use them over a forum.  My feed gets absolutely clattered up with people asking the same question, or similar problems.  I do love the forum much more. 

Absolutely agree with you there, they're really tiresome.

Steve W

• "The Gaffer"
  • ^ not actual size
    • DroneFinder
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 12:45:21 PM »

Nice - not many people flying stuff like Venturis, Zephyrs etc any more.... they need a resurgence.

I think the RTF stuff is partly to blame for a lot of it ... noone really builds any more so the hobby is becoming more of a "toy" thing than for enthusiasts.
Pages: [1] 2

* Recent Topics
E.T.s Wing Wing Z84 build...with iNAV. by BigT
[Yesterday at 11:56:39 PM]

Steve's Wing Wing Z-84 Build with T1000FC by Steve W
[Yesterday at 11:21:51 PM]

E-wings - a new UK based EPP wing manufacturer by Coyote
[Yesterday at 09:16:49 PM]

Youtube closed captioning - it's not very good... by Coyote
[Yesterday at 08:43:58 PM]

Fpv camera wiring by Steve W
[Yesterday at 08:11:41 PM]

Sharing My Music and Sound FX - Over 1000 Tracks by Eric Matyas
[Yesterday at 03:56:53 PM]

Hey guys The best weekend ever in my entire life by Dillwhacker
[Yesterday at 12:04:08 PM]

Ritewing Mini Drak. by Billy_boy_2010
[April 24, 2018, 10:50:31 PM]

What arrived today? by chris-s
[April 24, 2018, 09:35:06 PM]

4 FPV cams aboard a B17, 3 of them delivering live feed to the goggles by Steve W
[April 24, 2018, 08:04:04 PM]

Lithium Ion Flight Packs....Making your own packs. by dp106
[April 24, 2018, 10:56:07 AM]

E.T.s Falcon adventure...out to 3.60kms and lower. by English Turbines
[April 23, 2018, 10:29:19 PM]

E.T.s Skyfun Makeover....Motor and Autopilot. by English Turbines
[April 23, 2018, 10:22:45 PM]

Cheap source of 4S lipos in UK? by ched
[April 23, 2018, 05:54:23 PM]

NZ first fpv by RoboBiggles
[April 23, 2018, 01:26:56 AM]

* Keywords
fpvhub  fpv hub
first person view video piloting

rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv piloting wings fly flying flight fuse fuselage aileron tail pan tilt tx rx vtx rtx receiver transmitter video radio control controlled headtracker fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting fpv servo servos easystar easy star multiplex antenna VR1400 fatshark video goggles 2.4 5.8 1.2 900 ghz mhz uhf panel antenna circular fpv polarised tracker dbi 10mw 100mw 500mw camera osd fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv first person view video piloting downlink ezantenna tracker gps EzOSD current sensor tiny telemetry autopilot ccd gopro kx131 kx171 FY21 FY21A FY21AP II IMU oracle diversity processor video switcher fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting insurance simulator delta wing glider funjet quadcropter helis heli helicopter electric nitro scratchbuild scratch build batteries battery 2s 3s 4s lipo lipos fpvuk first person view video piloting Antenna fpvhub  fpv first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv Airframe Artifical Horizon Auto pilot Av AWG AWU Bec Brownout Buddy box C rating CG Circular Polarized Data logger Dbi Dbm Dipole Diversity DVR Easycap EPO EPP Failsafe FM Freshnel zone Frequency Gain Ghz Goggles GPS Ground Station Gyro Head Tracker HD Hz Inverted Vee Jst LC Filter Lipo LUX Mah Mhz Omni OSD Pan Patch Platform Polarization Rssi RTH Servo Spotter Telemetry Tilt Tracker Transmitter TVL Ubec UHF Video Splitter Vrx Vtx Watts Yagi  fpv uk first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv

http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;xml http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=0 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=200 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=300 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=400 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=500 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=600 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=700 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=800 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=900 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1000 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1200
* Disclaimer
The content, views and opinions expressed within this forum are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of FpvHub. However, we reserve the right to remove or edit any content considered inappropriate.