IMAG0161

Views: 1607
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff
zeroG Raptor

Views: 1943
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff

Author Topic: E.T.s Z84...Autolaunch and things you should know about the latest Firmware.  (Read 568 times)

English Turbines

• Air Commodore

WingWing Z84....iNAV and setting up Autolaunch with April 2018 Firmware.

Okay, todays adventure with the little Z84 and the most recent Firmware release. After adjusting some of my Autolaunch parameters, I managed a perfect Autolaunch, just how I wanted it to be.
  I also learned about some other changes which Im not so keen on and which now mean I will need to make some changes to my control linkages. The clip tells the story better than I can.
 This downlink includes Audio so you can hear throttle changes....

:vulture:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 04:09:18 PM by English Turbines »
Nothing beats the smell of Jet-A at 800 Celsius...:)
Falcon UHF & 1280mhz Video.
SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
  • I'm not deaf just thinking

Nice and smooth. When Iíve sorted out this OSD issue Launch Mode is next. Interesting about the manual trims. Try using servo autotrim mode, itís designed to keep the trims neutral. Then you can switch the trims off in the Taranis so they donít accidentally get bumped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Favorite TV Series:The Sopranos
Favorite WW2 Movie's: Kelly's Heroes, Battle of Britain, Band of Bro

English Turbines

• Air Commodore

Nice and smooth. When Iíve sorted out this OSD issue Launch Mode is next. Interesting about the manual trims. Try using servo autotrim mode, itís designed to keep the trims neutral. Then you can switch the trims off in the Taranis so they donít accidentally get bumped.

Hi Big T,

I have since fitted screw Clevis and trimmed it manually to fly level with no trims dialled in....:)

It is rather tedious, so I will have to read the Wiki on Servo Autotrim to find out how to use it...

SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore

Totally recommend servo autotrim.

English Turbines

• Air Commodore

Totally recommend servo autotrim.

Hi Big T,

Today I tried to fine tune my manual trim again for level flight. It went from climbing to diving but not where I wanted it of course.  I could just use the trim levers as normal and get it perfect in Manual. Then after I land simply use the sub trim feature in the Taranis and neutralise my trim levers....?
  Im guessing iNAV will then still not allow me to Arm and use Autolaunch though as it demands centred trims, I reckon this will include and Sub Trims I have dialled in too..?  IE, its looking for a centre stick value of 1500 and nothing else will do.
  Im going to have to play with this a bit. Im also considering permanently activating Launch Mode as each time its a bit of a faff getting the switch sequence correct.

I also managed an aborted Auto Launch today because my XM Plus receiver swamped while I was launching and put the FC into Failsafe....which duly made it Disarm....ffs..... :shotmyself: :shotmyself: :shotmyself: :shotmyself:

SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore

Canít speak too highly of servo autotrim. Try it out. However I too need to get launch working. Tried today and it was an epic failure. New prop driver and LPF cured video issues but range is not great. Have a pagoda on the  wing, not happy with the set up yet. The LaForge saved the day though. On another subject. Major issues with the pc just now so having to focus on that. Possible infection from malware preventing boot up. Either that or gpu or motherboard failure. Makes me feel like a technotwat.

English Turbines

• Air Commodore

Canít speak too highly of servo autotrim. Try it out. However I too need to get launch working. Tried today and it was an epic failure. New prop driver and LPF cured video issues but range is not great. Have a pagoda on the  wing, not happy with the set up yet. The LaForge saved the day though. On another subject. Major issues with the pc just now so having to focus on that. Possible infection from malware preventing boot up. Either that or gpu or motherboard failure. Makes me feel like a technotwat.

Hi Big T,
              Glad the LPF sorted your video noise / OSD flicker.....Yes, I must set up a Servo Trim function switch, it sounds useful...I can only imagine it feeds a kind of Subtrim into your FC..?  So, you end up with exact stick centres, but the trim inserted in the FC..?
  I just use a Rubber Duck on the plane and a directional Linear Patch on my Monitor...Today I flew out around 2 kms no problem on 5.8G and got some nice downlink and DVR footage again. Even used the OSD off switch for a clear view, it did feel a bit odd though when the OSD disappears...lol.
  Yes, Autolaunch is great when you get the parameters correct, it just works....Im going to try permanently enabling it and then use the setup to use AutoServo trim instead I think.

SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore

I would have done more today but I had a few sticky beaks at the field nimbying so spent more time talking than flying but flew the z84 Los to get the feel of it.

English Turbines

• Air Commodore

I would have done more today but I had a few sticky beaks at the field nimbying so spent more time talking than flying but flew the z84 Los to get the feel of it.

Hi Big T,

Okay, I permanently enabled Launch Mode, it's far easier this way. You dont need a Mode switch setting up or anything. Just power on, wait for a Sat fix...Arm as normal, and its in Launch Mode...Note, that it will say Angle and not Launch...( :censored:  knows why)...Then, set your preferred Mode for when Launch period times out....raise the throttle to about 50%.....The motor will not run, until you throw it.
  I updated my Launch parameters on the thread, they work okay. If you use the defaults, the motor runs rather too late for safety.

I read the Wiki on Auto Servotrim...sounds made in heaven for getting your trims set up...lol.
   I setup on what was the Autolaunch switch....must try this next time out, gonna save a lot of hassle.

The irony is, I never fly in Manual these days....lol.

SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore

I got the autolaunch working today, set on permanently as you suggested.  I need the motor to start sooner or without so much of a hard shove so need to work on that but I like the feature. It was very very bumpy today so not an easy day for setting up pids but I need to get more stabilisation around the centre in horizon mode. I want to swap out the vtx as the range on this one is not good at all.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 10:00:58 PM by BigT »

English Turbines

• Air Commodore

I got the autolaunch working today, set on permanently as you suggested.  I need the motor to start sooner or without so much of a hard shove so need to work on that but I like the feature. It was very very bumpy today so not an easy day for setting up pids but I need to get more stabilisation around the centre in horizon mode. I want to swap out the vtx as the range on this one is not good at all.

Hi Big T,

Well, I didn't have much luck with Autolaunch permanently enabled....It just didnt work properly for me for some reason....2 attempts where it was thrown and the motor failed to start....and then it looked like it was in Launch Mode (it shows Angle) in the OSD....but as I tried to set the throttle level, the motor actually started, did that a few times.
  Dont know whats going on with it...?
  While i had it on the switch, it worked every time, so I may have to revert to the switch method.

I had to adjust a few parameters to get the motor to start early enough....Here's mine, they work  okay..:)

set nav_fw_launch_velocity = 300
set nav_fw_launch_accel = 1500
set nav_fw_launch_max_angle = 30
set nav_fw_launch_detect_time = 10
set nav_fw_launch_thr = 1800
set nav_fw_launch_idle_thr = 1000
set nav_fw_launch_motor_delay = 100
set nav_fw_launch_spinup_time = 50
set nav_fw_launch_min_time = 0
set nav_fw_launch_timeout = 9000
set nav_fw_launch_max_altitude = 0
set nav_fw_launch_climb_angle = 18

SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore

I had 2 aborted launches as well. I thought it was me not throwing it hard enough. So on the third attempt I chucked it harder and off it went but the motor delay is too long at the stock 500ms. I will reduce that to 100ms like you, and play with the velocity figure by 100. I also need to have more stabilisation for bumpy weather. I began to feel motion sickness creeping up on me yesterday.

English Turbines

• Air Commodore

I had 2 aborted launches as well. I thought it was me not throwing it hard enough. So on the third attempt I chucked it harder and off it went but the motor delay is too long at the stock 500ms. I will reduce that to 100ms like you, and play with the velocity figure by 100. I also need to have more stabilisation for bumpy weather. I began to feel motion sickness creeping up on me yesterday.

Hi Big T,
                I have since reverted to Autolaunch on a switch. Flown Today and it seems okay again.  To be fair, it may be a problem due to my XM Plus occasionally going into Failsafe due to swamping as Im trying to launch it myself.
  If I get someone to launch it for me, the swamping is not an issue, although it has failed to start the motor doing it like this as well.
  The irony is, Autolaunch is most useful when wanting to launch the model yourself, it seems like I will have to put the TX on the floor while I launch it to avoid the swamping problem.
   My EZUHF does not suffer from swamping, so it should be okay on the Falcon. I think I will still put it on the switch though.
 Yes, the default start time parameters are hopelessly too slow for sure, okay if you are throwing it off a hill though..lol.
 I also reduced the Acc rate value or it needs a very hard throw to trigger it.
 When it works as it should it makes life so much easier though, so keep trying....:)

SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore

I am assuming that set nav_fw_launch_velocity = the speed it accelerates at after motor start and set nav_fw_launch_accel = the effort needed to trigger the motor?

English Turbines

• Air Commodore

I am assuming that set nav_fw_launch_velocity = the speed it accelerates at after motor start and set nav_fw_launch_accel = the effort needed to trigger the motor?

Hi Big T,

Yes, I did not change the velocity at all...I did change the acc rate and lowered it a bit though....then the motor delay time etc.

This is a full list of launch parameters.....here's mine...they work, just copy the lot into your CLI.

This is a 15 second climbout at an 18 degree angle about 80% throttle....No prop idle at launch.

set nav_fw_launch_velocity = 300
set nav_fw_launch_accel = 1500
set nav_fw_launch_max_angle = 30
set nav_fw_launch_detect_time = 10
set nav_fw_launch_thr = 1800
set nav_fw_launch_idle_thr = 1000
set nav_fw_launch_motor_delay = 100
set nav_fw_launch_spinup_time = 50
set nav_fw_launch_min_time = 0
set nav_fw_launch_timeout = 15000
set nav_fw_launch_max_altitude = 0
set nav_fw_launch_climb_angle = 18

Remember, put Autolaunch on a switch.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 11:35:56 PM by English Turbines »
SW1900 & Storm.

* Recent Topics
Rotor riot podcast about Long range by Billy_boy_2010
[Today at 01:19:50 PM]

Cloning a Taranis X9 Plus by English Turbines
[Today at 01:10:31 PM]

3D Printed Trainer by Drone 5
[Today at 12:38:40 PM]

Torvol Drone Adventure Backpack - useful for Phantom owners and similar by CurryKitten
[Today at 12:33:11 PM]

GoPro Hero5 Session - £129 by Loopdreams
[Today at 10:01:26 AM]

Matec F405-WING by English Turbines
[May 22, 2018, 12:48:23 PM]

What arrived today? by Steve W
[May 22, 2018, 12:30:39 AM]

E.T.s Wing Wing Z84 build...with iNAV. by English Turbines
[May 21, 2018, 09:14:57 PM]

Hello from Gosport by jjbrunton
[May 21, 2018, 12:36:02 AM]

Better Bungee Required by Drone 5
[May 20, 2018, 05:34:52 PM]

3D Printed Spitfire by Drone 5
[May 20, 2018, 09:37:49 AM]

Two dodgy FrSky XM+ receivers in a row - the hunt for answers by English Turbines
[May 19, 2018, 08:56:48 PM]

E.T.s Z84...Failsafe events and why you need a DVR. by English Turbines
[May 19, 2018, 08:30:43 PM]

Flyingwings Revenge by Loopdreams
[May 19, 2018, 07:44:48 PM]

3D Printed Spitfire from 3dlabprint by Drone 5
[May 19, 2018, 06:33:30 PM]

* Keywords
fpvhub  fpv hub
first person view video piloting

rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv piloting wings fly flying flight fuse fuselage aileron tail pan tilt tx rx vtx rtx receiver transmitter video radio control controlled headtracker fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting fpv servo servos easystar easy star multiplex antenna VR1400 fatshark video goggles 2.4 5.8 1.2 900 ghz mhz uhf panel antenna circular fpv polarised tracker dbi 10mw 100mw 500mw camera osd fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv first person view video piloting downlink ezantenna tracker gps EzOSD current sensor tiny telemetry autopilot ccd gopro kx131 kx171 FY21 FY21A FY21AP II IMU oracle diversity processor video switcher fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting insurance simulator delta wing glider funjet quadcropter helis heli helicopter electric nitro scratchbuild scratch build batteries battery 2s 3s 4s lipo lipos fpvuk first person view video piloting Antenna fpvhub  fpv first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv Airframe Artifical Horizon Auto pilot Av AWG AWU Bec Brownout Buddy box C rating CG Circular Polarized Data logger Dbi Dbm Dipole Diversity DVR Easycap EPO EPP Failsafe FM Freshnel zone Frequency Gain Ghz Goggles GPS Ground Station Gyro Head Tracker HD Hz Inverted Vee Jst LC Filter Lipo LUX Mah Mhz Omni OSD Pan Patch Platform Polarization Rssi RTH Servo Spotter Telemetry Tilt Tracker Transmitter TVL Ubec UHF Video Splitter Vrx Vtx Watts Yagi  fpv uk first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv

http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;xml http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=0 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=200 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=300 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=400 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=500 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=600 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=700 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=800 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=900 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1000 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1200
* Disclaimer
The content, views and opinions expressed within this forum are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of FpvHub. However, we reserve the right to remove or edit any content considered inappropriate.