Views: 1657
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff
zeroG Raptor

Views: 1994
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Omnibus F4 Autopilot...iNAV....Fixed Wing.  (Read 19742 times)

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
  • I'm not deaf just thinking
Omnibus F4 Autopilot...iNAV....Fixed Wing.
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2018, 09:42:38 AM »

He died in a motorcycle accident. His family decided to leave his videos on you tube as a memorial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Favorite TV Series:The Sopranos
Favorite WW2 Movie's: Kelly's Heroes, Battle of Britain, Band of Bro

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
Re: Omnibus F4 Autopilot...iNAV....Fixed Wing.
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2018, 02:57:16 PM »

Oh, no...Thats so tragic....So young....He seemed like a nice Guy..:(

:vulture:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:23:43 AM by Coyote »
Nothing beats the smell of Jet-A at 800 Celsius...:)
Falcon UHF & 1280mhz Video.
SW1900 & Storm.

Schalonsus

• Flight Lieutenant
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2018, 10:05:03 AM »

For all that like the iNav boards but prefere the Ardupilot code....
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2784349-Ardupilot-on-OpenPilot-Revolution

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2018, 08:26:47 PM »

Really nice result today. Zeroed tx trims and flew st 60% throttle in pass through/servo autotune, landed disarmed. Then flew in horizon and autotune mode, landed and saved to eprom,(sticks down and out). Major change in handling, s800 quite nice to fly now. Further test of rth, loiter and alt  hold, showed up several more tuning issues to do, nothing major, increase circle diameter, decrease climb angle, decrease rth throttle a bit and rth height.  I really donít like the stodgy feeling of horizon mode on this wing. Big stick movement needed to initiate a turn then it bangs in, slightest relax on the stick and it whips back to level. Itís like having -30 expo on a Futaba tx. More tuning work needed.

For pilots following this thread in the future to come: Discovered that alt hold on its own doesnít manage the throttle, with horizon and alt hold together throttle is managed but closing the throttle will turn motor off!!!  Disconnecting the M8N compass has resulted in a much quicker 3D lock.

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2018, 01:42:40 PM »

Really nice result today. Zeroed tx trims and flew st 60% throttle in pass through/servo autotune, landed disarmed. Then flew in horizon and autotune mode, landed and saved to eprom,(sticks down and out). Major change in handling, s800 quite nice to fly now. Further test of rth, loiter and alt  hold, showed up several more tuning issues to do, nothing major, increase circle diameter, decrease climb angle, decrease rth throttle a bit and rth height.  I really donít like the stodgy feeling of horizon mode on this wing. Big stick movement needed to initiate a turn then it bangs in, slightest relax on the stick and it whips back to level. Itís like having -30 expo on a Futaba tx. More tuning work needed.

For pilots following this thread in the future to come: Discovered that alt hold on its own doesnít manage the throttle, with horizon and alt hold together throttle is managed but closing the throttle will turn motor off!!!  Disconnecting the M8N compass has resulted in a much quicker 3D lock.

Hi Mate,
              Oh, good...sounds like you are getting there..You need to type in that line of code to prevent the board disarming sounds like...If gliding, motor off for more than five seconds?
  Good, you disconnected the Compass....at last.....20 Sats....You dont need it!!!
  Surprised Horizon still feels soggy on ailerons..?..Rate curve inside iNAV maybe..?

SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2018, 04:05:53 PM »

I am going through the wiki cli codes to see if I have missed something.

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2018, 05:38:18 PM »

I am going through the wiki cli codes to see if I have missed something.

Hi Big T,
                Make sure you have this line of code in the CLI.

If you intend to glide for more than 10 seconds, in iNav 1.6 & 1.7 it's suggested that you also set this value, so that the model doesn't "failsafe" by itself when using zero throttle during a glide:

set failsafe_throttle_low_delay = 0

This line is kind of important...I can't even imagine why its not in as a default line of code, but heyho..?

SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2018, 08:00:41 PM »

Yes cheers for that, it was and is in the cli. Are you using ezuhf? If so is it possible to get ppm out of the ezuhf?  Got the chance of a cheap module for the Taranis and I already have a 8 channel rx that I use in one of the Tonka FPV trucks.

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2018, 08:27:50 PM »

Yes cheers for that, it was and is in the cli. Are you using ezuhf? If so is it possible to get ppm out of the ezuhf?  Got the chance of a cheap module for the Taranis and I already have a 8 channel rx that I use in one of the Tonka FPV trucks.

Hi Mate,
               Yes, Im using the EZ in my Falcon now...Yes, you can programme the recievers to give a PPM stream only, but not SBUS. Remember, you will need to remove the SBUS jumper from the FC to get it to work (scalpel is what I use)

You can kind of get a decent RSSI too by selecting "Link Quality" and assigning to a specific channel. This should give a full strength signal of around 78% at close range even on Lo TX output power. It will not increase if you go to Hi power.
  It works pretty well, and I only need to use Lo power with a Dipole on my RX and the SR771 on my TX.

Regarding your "soggy" Aileron response in Horizon, try setting Air Mode to permanently ON. in iNAV..?

SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2018, 08:58:28 PM »

Airmode is/was on. I think itís in the cli somewhere. Anyhoo onward and upward. If this weather holds I am digging out one of my 30% CAPS for some quality LOS flying. If this weather breaks then who knows.

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2018, 11:48:52 AM »

Airmode is/was on. I think itís in the cli somewhere. Anyhoo onward and upward. If this weather holds I am digging out one of my 30% CAPS for some quality LOS flying. If this weather breaks then who knows.

Hi Big T,

Maybe you should consider switching Air Mode off then, its a Multi Rotor Mode....? I never use it.

I was looking at my PIDs on the Falcon last night, I only have a value of 2 for Roll and Pitch...On my P gains.

So, in manual Mode, I have about 10mm up and 8mm down...but in Horizon Mode, if I bank the plane to 45 deg I only see about 3 to 4mm of Elevon deflection. This is enough to stabilise when flying around in Horizon, but I can override it easily if I want to.

I think the key to setting up is to test the models surface deflections in your hand whilst in Horizon Mode and to ensure you dont have too much surface deflection.

Remember, when in GPS Modes like RTL and FS and ALT Hold...It will utilise preset bank angles, climb, dive....so the deflections are not relevant, but the angles are.

If your motor turned off mid flight, you must have switched off / disarmed the board...?

SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2018, 02:48:37 PM »

No the motor didnít go ďoffĒ, it was that I was surprised that it responded to the throttle command in RTH when I closed the throttle to minimum.

Schalonsus

• Flight Lieutenant
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2018, 04:28:44 PM »

In RTH throttle is controlled manual, in Failsafe throttle is controlled by FC.
You should have Airmode always enabled, it is a mode for planes too. If zero throttle without air mode you have a lot less stabilisation...

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2018, 07:09:32 PM »

Well I dont like to contradict as I am a noob with this but on mine the throttle is controlled by the FC in RTH. However I do have a bigger issue with RTH. Today I was fine tuning horizon and RTH behavior. I had some very alarming RTH semi fails that dont give me any confidence at the moment.

What happens is that RTH was engaged about 150 meters out downwind at about 40 meters alt. The model starts to slowly turn and gets on a home heading, the throttle  is increased to the set percentage and the model starts to climb to 70 meters. Then the model sort of falls off the heading and starts to fly away down wind. The first few times I took over and flew it back, then I decided to let it go and see what happened. Which was when it was almost too far away for me to orient it, it started a very slow right turn to get back on home heading. It was alarming as I thought I had a flyaway in not very good light.

Second issue is that the  loiter circle around home does not put home in the center and pos hold is the same. Not centerd.

Third issue is that I have now got full control of roll in Horizon but if I try to loop the FC takes over at the top of the loop and rolls me out.

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2018, 08:28:23 PM »

Well I dont like to contradict as I am a noob with this but on mine the throttle is controlled by the FC in RTH. However I do have a bigger issue with RTH. Today I was fine tuning horizon and RTH behavior. I had some very alarming RTH semi fails that dont give me any confidence at the moment.

What happens is that RTH was engaged about 150 meters out downwind at about 40 meters alt. The model starts to slowly turn and gets on a home heading, the throttle  is increased to the set percentage and the model starts to climb to 70 meters. Then the model sort of falls off the heading and starts to fly away down wind. The first few times I took over and flew it back, then I decided to let it go and see what happened. Which was when it was almost too far away for me to orient it, it started a very slow right turn to get back on home heading. It was alarming as I thought I had a flyaway in not very good light.

Second issue is that the  loiter circle around home does not put home in the center and pos hold is the same. Not centerd.

Third issue is that I have now got full control of roll in Horizon but if I try to loop the FC takes over at the top of the loop and rolls me out.

Hi mate,
               Yes, my experience with RTH is that iNAV works the throttle when needed.

I think inside iNAV, there is a minimum distance from Home you can engage RTH...You engaged RTH at only 100 mtrs out...that's too close....and that loitering in a figure of eight kind of way..? has happened to me as well....I think the Loiter radius is simply too small myself, what have you set it to?...It looks like 50 mtrs to me watching that clip....too small.

Sounds like you were doing all this stuff LOS..?...How can you tell exactly what's going on LOS?

In RTH, you need enough power to match the climb out angle you have chosen, and also the bank angle has an effect too. The fact it struggles to turn means you have set it incorrectly or there is insufficient Elevon movement to make it happen.?

Its set the opposite of my Falcon, the RTH is, if anything quite agressive, immediate 45 deg bank angle with a 20 deg climb and a bucket full of throttle. As I said, I have quite a bit of movement in manual set on mine, in fact it's a bit of a handful in pass mode TBH.
 As soon as Horizon is engaged, it becomes a different beast, flies level and is tamed around mid stick due to the RC rate curve you can set in iNAV. Engage a GPS Mode and there is enough throw to make it respond very fast, the opposite of what you describe. I think you dont have enough throws on this plane now..?

Suddenly, you have full control in Horizon Mode...?...hmm...why is that then?.....

If you want to do Acro...engage Acro Mode, or Pass Mode.... not Horizon?

I think it's behaving normally, but the control throws are not enough when a GPS Mode is engaged. This is where the rate curve in iNAV comes into play. Do not put any curves or rates in your TX. It's all a matter of how you set it up, like all FCs TBH.

Turn off your Foxeer Cameras OSD.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 08:41:24 PM by English Turbines »
SW1900 & Storm.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

* Recent Topics
Optical receiver / optical transmitter and optical transceiver by Annaa
[Today at 05:57:17 AM]

video editing software suggestions? by badger
[Today at 12:13:22 AM]

drop it like its hot - betaflight Q by discus.fly
[Yesterday at 08:46:51 PM]

E.T.s Z84...iNAV 2.0 and Eachine DVR Testing by English Turbines
[Yesterday at 04:46:56 PM]

FLY ANGRY by Lamaule
[Yesterday at 11:16:16 AM]

Evening Rip with wings and hay-bales by urbanfpv
[August 13, 2018, 04:13:07 PM]

E-wings - a new UK based EPP wing manufacturer by iwan_canobi
[August 13, 2018, 11:19:35 AM]

Better Bungee Required by Drone 5
[August 12, 2018, 06:49:02 PM]

Mini Talon FPV Flight by Drone 5
[August 12, 2018, 05:14:30 PM]

I think I'm done... by Billy_boy_2010
[August 12, 2018, 09:38:16 AM]

Please tell us what is a modular power supply? Emergency help by Coyote
[August 11, 2018, 10:08:18 PM]

Hi folks by Coyote
[August 11, 2018, 10:04:37 PM]

Schoolís out... by elmattbo
[August 09, 2018, 09:22:39 PM]

What do you think about my build list? by ched
[August 09, 2018, 06:43:11 PM]

Saying hello by curlypaul
[August 07, 2018, 02:33:30 PM]

* Keywords
fpvhub  fpv hub
first person view video piloting

rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv piloting wings fly flying flight fuse fuselage aileron tail pan tilt tx rx vtx rtx receiver transmitter video radio control controlled headtracker fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting fpv servo servos easystar easy star multiplex antenna VR1400 fatshark video goggles 2.4 5.8 1.2 900 ghz mhz uhf panel antenna circular fpv polarised tracker dbi 10mw 100mw 500mw camera osd fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv first person view video piloting downlink ezantenna tracker gps EzOSD current sensor tiny telemetry autopilot ccd gopro kx131 kx171 FY21 FY21A FY21AP II IMU oracle diversity processor video switcher fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting insurance simulator delta wing glider funjet quadcropter helis heli helicopter electric nitro scratchbuild scratch build batteries battery 2s 3s 4s lipo lipos fpvuk first person view video piloting Antenna fpvhub  fpv first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv Airframe Artifical Horizon Auto pilot Av AWG AWU Bec Brownout Buddy box C rating CG Circular Polarized Data logger Dbi Dbm Dipole Diversity DVR Easycap EPO EPP Failsafe FM Freshnel zone Frequency Gain Ghz Goggles GPS Ground Station Gyro Head Tracker HD Hz Inverted Vee Jst LC Filter Lipo LUX Mah Mhz Omni OSD Pan Patch Platform Polarization Rssi RTH Servo Spotter Telemetry Tilt Tracker Transmitter TVL Ubec UHF Video Splitter Vrx Vtx Watts Yagi  fpv uk first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv

http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;xml http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=0 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=200 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=300 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=400 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=500 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=600 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=700 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=800 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=900 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1000 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1200
* Disclaimer
The content, views and opinions expressed within this forum are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of FpvHub. However, we reserve the right to remove or edit any content considered inappropriate.