Views: 1647
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff
zeroG Raptor

Views: 1983
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: E.T.s OMNIBUS F4 Autopilot...Which one to buy..?...AKK  (Read 8627 times)

RayBlueSky

• Flying officer
Re: E.T.s OMNIBUS F4 Autopilot...Which one to buy..?...AKK
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2018, 10:14:18 AM »

Hi BigT

That's an extremely kind offer indeed  ;)
it was frustrating getting stuck at the last fence as it were; however E.T mentioned that the PPM can be assigned to a different UART and I need to know more about how that's done.

So E.T how do you re-assign the "PPM in" to a different UART ?
I can see in my minds eye that if I was setting up the Rx and viewing the whole process on screen when connected to the laptop that it may stop me viewing Tx stick movements as visual verification...

it leads onto the next question of... is it possible to re-assign other devices to different UARTs
I know I can choose which port the GPS and others listed in the drop down box can be assigned to a port,
the reason I ask is I am getting on well with Bluetooth and EZGUI which I think is amazing  :D but I am sure a time will come when I want to change that to another UART or add a OLED screen

Cheers help and info
Best Regards Ray

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2018, 10:28:29 PM »

Hi BigT

That's an extremely kind offer indeed  ;)
it was frustrating getting stuck at the last fence as it were; however E.T mentioned that the PPM can be assigned to a different UART and I need to know more about how that's done.

So E.T how do you re-assign the "PPM in" to a different UART ?
I can see in my minds eye that if I was setting up the Rx and viewing the whole process on screen when connected to the laptop that it may stop me viewing Tx stick movements as visual verification...

it leads onto the next question of... is it possible to re-assign other devices to different UARTs
I know I can choose which port the GPS and others listed in the drop down box can be assigned to a port,
the reason I ask is I am getting on well with Bluetooth and EZGUI which I think is amazing  :D but I am sure a time will come when I want to change that to another UART or add a OLED screen

Cheers help and info
Best Regards Ray

Hi Ray,

This is my port setup for my Mini Talon which is using an EZUHF RX programmed for PPM Mode. If you set your RSSI as Link Quality on a free channel, this kind of works fairly well too. Although on my EZ setup, range even on Low power is never a problem....lol

I seem to recall that Uart1 is not available for your RX in PPM Mode as its already being used, so I think its actually using Uart3
 Anyway, this works as shown if you are using the same F4 board as I am.  My GPS is on Uart6.
I saved this for my own future reference also.

:vulture:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 10:36:01 PM by English Turbines »
Nothing beats the smell of Jet-A at 800 Celsius...:)
Falcon UHF & 1280mhz Video.
SW1900 & Storm.

RayBlueSky

• Flying officer
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2018, 11:08:23 PM »

Hi E.T.

I finally got to the root cause  :D
Knowing you have same board and yours worked as per the pic made me back track everything when mine didn't respond to the Rx...
All the lights and equipment did everything as expected and yet still wouldn't show stick movements...
i knew i had highlighted Omnibus F4 and moused down and set the latest stable version! However when i checked the version using CLI to my surprise it said Omnibus F4V3 Grrrrr
i can only think when i went to chose the latest stable version i must have accidentally moved it down to F4V3
it should be easy to set up the GPS etc
Which GPS did you use?

Cheers  Ray

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2018, 08:20:02 PM »

Hi E.T.

I finally got to the root cause  :D
Knowing you have same board and yours worked as per the pic made me back track everything when mine didn't respond to the Rx...
All the lights and equipment did everything as expected and yet still wouldn't show stick movements...
i knew i had highlighted Omnibus F4 and moused down and set the latest stable version! However when i checked the version using CLI to my surprise it said Omnibus F4V3 Grrrrr
i can only think when i went to chose the latest stable version i must have accidentally moved it down to F4V3
it should be easy to set up the GPS etc
Which GPS did you use?

Cheers  Ray

Hi Ray,
             As usual, it turned out to be something simple...I had a similar dilemma the other day. I bought an F3 FC for a Quad build and when it arrived, printed on the packet was "Omnibus F3"...Inside Betaflight, there is no option for such a board.

Crucial you identify which board you are using because this defines what resources it has onboard...Typically of China, no standards of any kind with nothing printed on the PCB either, which is exactly where it should be of course. Not on a packet it arrived in....ffs.

I have a thread on the FC section which I did ages ago with links to the M8N GPS receiver I used with your Omnibus F4 V1.

Pleased it got you sorted anyway....the GPS setup is pretty easy to do.

SW1900 & Storm.

AdamG

• Group Captain
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2018, 12:33:06 AM »

Sorry I haven't really followed this thread. But I thought it worth mentioning BigT that the gearbest boards has had a few flights now and is working fine. All servo pins work as they should.

! No longer available
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:28:47 PM by AdamG »
My YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/1AdamG

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
  • I'm not deaf just thinking
E.T.s OMNIBUS F4 Autopilot...Which one to buy..?...AKK
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2018, 09:07:56 AM »

Well done, mine didnít work, came in a bag with the name colormix on it, not at all the same as the picture on gearbest. The on board regulator only gave out 4.5 volts on the ram shunt and wouldnít power the Runcam. I ended up,taking the power output from the vtx. Others on RCG had that issue with that board as well. If I had more room in the model (z84) I would use a proper ubec to power servos and camera. Itís good enough for a cheap board though, keeps the little grey cells active😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Favorite TV Series:The Sopranos
Favorite WW2 Movie's: Kelly's Heroes, Battle of Britain, Band of Bro

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2018, 06:16:36 PM »

Bringing the original thread back into Topic....

Here is the latest Omnibus F4 V5 board I have ordered from this UK supplier.  I dont usually purchase from UK suppliers, but the price of F4 Boards from China has increased considerably just lately.
  There are a number of other reasons I have opted for this board though, as follows:

1) There are 3 solder pads so you can opt for SBUS or PPM input. (It's a bit tricky levering off those tiny jumpers found on some boards out there) Since I want it for use with an EZUHF receiver running PPM, it's a good candidate.

2) The GPS port can be on a standard 4 pin servo plug, (more durable than those tiny white plugs)

3) Don't need or want the current sensor.

4) Barometer on the board if needed.

5) The 5v onboard regulator is a switched mode type.

www.hobbyrc.co.uk/airbot-omnibus-f4-v5-flight-controller

This will be going in my re-work of the Skyfun, in place of the OSD in it at present. A number of other mods to improve the Skyfun at the same time.

SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2018, 07:49:00 PM »

Thatís a nice board and a good price. I notice that itís a genuine Omni board not a clone.  So it should come with the printed pin out guide I believe.

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2018, 12:11:47 PM »

Thatís a nice board and a good price. I notice that itís a genuine Omni board not a clone.  So it should come with the printed pin out guide I believe.

Hi Big T,

Yes, the recent popularity of this FC has certainly pushed the price up. I have seen some in China charging more than this UK seller.
  This UK seller cites this board as a genuine board, so if true makes it even more of a bargain, although I think I paid around £16 for my first F4 board from China. Either way, it's no brainer if you need a very lightweight Autopilot for a small model, or in fact any model really.
   I think it was you who gave me the link to this UK supplier...?

SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2018, 11:14:44 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

* Recent Topics
FPV TIME SHIFT: Flying the same park through 4 seasons in one seamless edit by War Chest
[Yesterday at 07:55:50 PM]

E.T.s Martian 2 Round the fields in HD. by ched
[Yesterday at 05:28:15 PM]

Most realistic Sim for fpv quadcopter learning acro? by ched
[Yesterday at 12:18:21 AM]

Phantom 2 Vision + by BigT
[July 19, 2018, 10:02:16 PM]

Heavy Metal by urbanfpv
[July 19, 2018, 02:09:45 PM]

E.T.s Martian 2.....A Fun Day Out. by ched
[July 19, 2018, 12:03:06 PM]

Hi from Richmond! I'm looking for a club and like minded geeks :) by steve_eulat
[July 18, 2018, 10:57:43 PM]

What is your best Youtube comment? by Coyote
[July 18, 2018, 07:48:16 PM]

No joystick flying by Loopdreams
[July 18, 2018, 12:23:27 PM]

Having a nose around the new manor by drambuidhe
[July 18, 2018, 11:44:22 AM]

Decisions decisions by English Turbines
[July 18, 2018, 11:36:04 AM]

E.T.s Martian 2...... Testing a friends Taranis X9D by English Turbines
[July 17, 2018, 06:02:19 PM]

Cut my antenna 💩 by Coyote
[July 16, 2018, 10:33:52 PM]

Air Navigation (Amendment) Order 2018 - Guidance for small unmanned aircraft use by Steve W
[July 16, 2018, 05:48:15 PM]

immersion tx firmware problem by ktnch
[July 16, 2018, 01:00:27 PM]

* Keywords
fpvhub  fpv hub
first person view video piloting

rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv piloting wings fly flying flight fuse fuselage aileron tail pan tilt tx rx vtx rtx receiver transmitter video radio control controlled headtracker fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting fpv servo servos easystar easy star multiplex antenna VR1400 fatshark video goggles 2.4 5.8 1.2 900 ghz mhz uhf panel antenna circular fpv polarised tracker dbi 10mw 100mw 500mw camera osd fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv first person view video piloting downlink ezantenna tracker gps EzOSD current sensor tiny telemetry autopilot ccd gopro kx131 kx171 FY21 FY21A FY21AP II IMU oracle diversity processor video switcher fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting insurance simulator delta wing glider funjet quadcropter helis heli helicopter electric nitro scratchbuild scratch build batteries battery 2s 3s 4s lipo lipos fpvuk first person view video piloting Antenna fpvhub  fpv first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv Airframe Artifical Horizon Auto pilot Av AWG AWU Bec Brownout Buddy box C rating CG Circular Polarized Data logger Dbi Dbm Dipole Diversity DVR Easycap EPO EPP Failsafe FM Freshnel zone Frequency Gain Ghz Goggles GPS Ground Station Gyro Head Tracker HD Hz Inverted Vee Jst LC Filter Lipo LUX Mah Mhz Omni OSD Pan Patch Platform Polarization Rssi RTH Servo Spotter Telemetry Tilt Tracker Transmitter TVL Ubec UHF Video Splitter Vrx Vtx Watts Yagi  fpv uk first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv

http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;xml http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=0 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=200 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=300 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=400 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=500 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=600 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=700 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=800 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=900 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1000 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1200
* Disclaimer
The content, views and opinions expressed within this forum are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of FpvHub. However, we reserve the right to remove or edit any content considered inappropriate.