Views: 1648
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff
zeroG Raptor

Views: 1985
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: E.T.s Wing Wing Z84 build...with iNAV.  (Read 11446 times)

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
Re: E.T.s Wing Wing Z84 build...with iNAV.
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2018, 09:01:03 PM »

The paper A4 sheet I got with this board, v5.1,  didnt say any of that  it only had a connection example, what the jumpers do, how to connect to usb, and a pinmap. No warnings about applying power etc. Maybe I had a sheet missing?  However I never got as far as trying to power the servo rail externally as on my board you have to bridge J20 to choose between 5 volts and RX1 to J14 to J12 middle pin. So I had chosen 5volts. The Opto esc on J14 only had signal and earth so I have no idea why that dead shorted and melted the cable unless the signal pin had become live. The RX got 12 volts (vbat) straight through. In fact all the 5 volts supplies must have had vbat straight through. All I had connected was the 3s 2200 to gnd and vbat. Sbus to  J7 with the rx power and gnd as usual. servos on J12 and J13 as usual, they got smoked as they are 6 volt max digital and got 12v. I did notice that the switching regulator is fixed on a bit screwed?

Anyhow its all on the back burner now as I have little spare time just now and now Furious FPV have produced their plug and play iNav kit I might look at that later. I am just fed up with the bad reliability of these boards, I thought the genuine one would have been better, but no. Apart from 1 board which I made a genuine mistake on 5 have either burnt out, had components fall off, come apart, or refused to work in othr ways. Only the CL Racing worked 1st time, but that was on a multi. The AKK was OK in the s800 but that took 4 boards. 1st had the USB fall off, 2cnd had the boot button loose in the bag on delivery, 3rd was my genuine mistake, 4th is working. Its like British Leyland in the 70's.

Hi Big T,

I have a nice diagram of both sides of this V5 board with each pin marked up. I must admit, I have set this board up fine in iNAV but Im yet to wire it up properly and use it. Yes, those 3 holes at J20 very close together, Im confused how to wire them to be honest. On the face of it, it looks like an option to power servos using the onboard BEC by using the jumpers
  Problem is how to do it..?
 There are 3 other similar pin holes close together at J16 which seem tied to port J10...wtf..?

None of my other 4 Omnibus boards have these features at all...???...No idea what to do with them.

All of my other Omnibus boards have worked fine for me so far, Im not sure what to do with J20 and these jumpers though..?

If you put wire jumpers across these holes without knowing what they do..?...and boom..?

If anyone can shed some light, please do so....Picture is of my board below

:vulture:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 12:22:10 PM by English Turbines »
Nothing beats the smell of Jet-A at 800 Celsius...:)
Falcon UHF & 1280mhz Video.
SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
  • I'm not deaf just thinking
E.T.s Wing Wing Z84 build...with iNAV.
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2018, 08:30:27 AM »

I got this reply from Teralift on RC Groups when I asked for help, heís a developer for Omnibus. ďI don't have something complete nor comprehensive; I'll try.

5V are available at places marked 5V as soon as USB or Lipo is connected, including J1.

ESC center rail is not marked 5V. In general, all Omnibus F3 and F4 variants have ESC center rail as external 5V INPUT to main 5V rail, except for newer AIOs (Corners and Fireworks). J20 decides if it is 5v or Rx1 from an ESC. There's some explanation in this blog entry.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2874687-OMNIBUS-AIRBOT-F4-family-ESC_5V-Isolation

Re J6

all we can do is to be super careful that solder works on these pads don't touch the holder cover plate. I use a piece of Kapton tape to cover the side of the plate and measure conductance between relevant points repeatedly before powering up ď.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Favorite TV Series:The Sopranos
Favorite WW2 Movie's: Kelly's Heroes, Battle of Britain, Band of Bro

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2018, 12:49:26 PM »

I got this reply from Teralift on RC Groups when I asked for help, heís a developer for Omnibus. ďI don't have something complete nor comprehensive; I'll try.

5V are available at places marked 5V as soon as USB or Lipo is connected, including J1.

ESC center rail is not marked 5V. In general, all Omnibus F3 and F4 variants have ESC center rail as external 5V INPUT to main 5V rail, except for newer AIOs (Corners and Fireworks). J20 decides if it is 5v or Rx1 from an ESC. There's some explanation in this blog entry.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2874687-OMNIBUS-AIRBOT-F4-family-ESC_5V-Isolation

Re J6

all we can do is to be super careful that solder works on these pads don't touch the holder cover plate. I use a piece of Kapton tape to cover the side of the plate and measure conductance between relevant points repeatedly before powering up ď.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Big T,

I won't be using any wire jumpers on those six small jumper holes. This board is unique in respect of these jumpers and we still dont know how or what they are used for.

Since it appears to be a way of distributing the (onboard ?) 5v the obvious conclusion seems to be its (an optional) and convenient way of providing 5v to drive servos..? This would appear to include the micro socket outlet at J10.

It's a mystery for sure, and not explained in the document which came with the board. I shall apply main Lipo power and do some careful voltage measuring and beep testing power off. I doubt I shall be any wiser though.

SW1900 & Storm.

dirtyharry

• Pilot Officer
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2018, 01:14:34 PM »

you might want to put a small 12v bulb inline with your boards for testing , some folk call them "smoke stoppers".

kinda wished i'd done it before smoking my f3 last month .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AV1II8pgWU

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2018, 02:34:35 PM »

I had the JB  smoke stopper connected, it did not stop the smoke as the smoke came from the esc, rx and servos. It was later that the regulator popped and stopped everything from working. By then I had given up and found that the i could still power the processor with 5volts  to the servo rail or the sbus but not the processor.  Incidentally there is a reverse polarity diode on this board.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2018, 09:25:49 AM »

Hi Big T,

I won't be using any wire jumpers on those six small jumper holes. This board is unique in respect of these jumpers and we still dont know how or what they are used for.

Since it appears to be a way of distributing the (onboard ?) 5v the obvious conclusion seems to be its (an optional) and convenient way of providing 5v to drive servos..? This would appear to include the micro socket outlet at J10.

It's a mystery for sure, and not explained in the document which came with the board. I shall apply main Lipo power and do some careful voltage measuring and beep testing power off. I doubt I shall be any wiser though.

I would suggest that after connecting vbat (which has reversed voltage diode protection) check to see if there is any output from the pwm rail and whichever gps output you choose. I didnít, if I had done so I might have picked up that vbat was being passed through.

I have been sent a Mateksys board in compensation. I am so impressed with the 10 page instruction sheet, it also has a purpose made PDB which connects with a supplied ribbon cable, also in the package are all the headers and soft mounts needed. Check it out http://www.mateksys.com/?portfolio=f405-std

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2018, 02:34:14 PM »

I would suggest that after connecting vbat (which has reversed voltage diode protection) check to see if there is any output from the pwm rail and whichever gps output you choose. I didnít, if I had done so I might have picked up that vbat was being passed through.

I have been sent a Mateksys board in compensation. I am so impressed with the 10 page instruction sheet, it also has a purpose made PDB which connects with a supplied ribbon cable, also in the package are all the headers and soft mounts needed. Check it out http://www.mateksys.com/?portfolio=f405-std

Hi Big T,

Pleased they compensated you with that F405 FC....The supplied special diagram should be very helpful for sorting it out in iNAV and the wiring.
  Of course, this FC is even more biased towards Multi Rotors than the Omnibus F4 types, but it is nice quality stuff I would agree with you on that.

I will do as you suggest, apply main lipo power and do some careful voltage checking on this V5 board before plugging anything else into it. It works fine in iNAV, it all seems to work as it should so far.
   Using the jumper holes is out of the question, I have no clue what they do at all and there is nothing in the documentation.

Is it Hobby RC who have given you the F405 FC then..?

SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2018, 03:50:50 PM »

The F405 was top of a poll on RC Groups for most reliable iNav board. I will PM the details of the replacement. The lack of instructions on the v5.1 is really pathetic. 

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2018, 10:17:52 PM »

The F405 was top of a poll on RC Groups for most reliable iNav board. I will PM the details of the replacement. The lack of instructions on the v5.1 is really pathetic.

Hi Big T,

The only info missing about my Omnibus F4 V5 was about those 6 tiny jumper holes. This afternoon I hooked up a 3S Lipo to VBAT and then did some voltage measuring around the board...:

1) 4.94 vdc at the centre pin of the SBUS input rail
 2) 4.94 vdc at all 3 UART Ports.
 3) Zero voltage on the servo rail (As expected)

I have since hooked up an XM Plus and allocated it on UART6, this is the port right next to the SD Card holder and impossible to solder pins in without shorting.
  A great solution as it left UART 3 available for the GPS and UART 1 was allocated for my new wireless USB port.
 The wireless transceiver has a 4 pin female plug on it so I can just plug it in easily when I want to do some changes, it seems to work fine. Pleased about that, no more removing the FC just to plug a USB plug in.

So to recap...:

UART 1 = Wireless USB Port.

UART 3 = GPS.

UART 6 = XM Plus receiver.

Needless to say I didn't use any of the optional jumpers as I still dont know what they are for..?

The only remaining thing now left to try out is to provide 5v BEC to the servo rail to drive the servos.

The wireless hub thingy is great, I got it off E-Bay.... :overexcited:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 12:21:13 PM by English Turbines »
SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2018, 09:04:51 AM »

Thereís the rub. I didnít get that all I got was 12 volts all the  board. How did you connect the rx without soldering?

It  seems to be that the J20 jumper gives either 5 v or the ability to use telemetry from ESC to the centre rail.
New thread here Airbot Omnibus AIO F4 V5 Flight Controller
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=8309&share_tid=2994403&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ercgroups%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D2994403&share_type=t

Link to the wireless dongle thingy?

http://www.dronetrest.com/t/omnibus-f4-flight-controller-guide/5668
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 09:28:17 AM by BigT »

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2018, 04:49:12 PM »

Thereís the rub. I didnít get that all I got was 12 volts all the  board. How did you connect the rx without soldering?

It  seems to be that the J20 jumper gives either 5 v or the ability to use telemetry from ESC to the centre rail.
New thread here Airbot Omnibus AIO F4 V5 Flight Controller
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=8309&share_tid=2994403&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ercgroups%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D2994403&share_type=t

Link to the wireless dongle thingy?

http://www.dronetrest.com/t/omnibus-f4-flight-controller-guide/5668

Hi Big T,

It all seems to be working fine...whatever those jumpers do, i dont need em, its Quad related by the sound of it.

UART 6 is the port with pins right next to the SD Card holder we can't solder on. I allocated UART 6 to be the receiver port anyway because of this problem. The receiver is of course plugged into the 3 pin SBUS / PPM Port as normal. On version 1.9.2 of iNAV it now uses a VCP (Virtual Com Port) to talk. Not sure exactly how this affects receiver communication. What I do know is that it's much easier and that my FrSky and EZUHF protocols seem to work equally well now without faffing with the SBUS / PPM jumpers.

Wireless USB to Serial device:

This thing is brilliant, it's so much easier and no more USB cables needed or removing the FC to get a cable plugged in.
I simply solder 4 vertical pins into the chosen UART. This way, you can unplug the wireless USB hub when you have finished changing a setting....and no carrying it around in the model.

Watch this Video....but I got my device off Amazon rather than wait 3 weeks from China. The other bonus is that the comm port opens and closes more reliably using the remote wireless link than the cable. DO NOT enable wireless Mode in iNAV, it doesn't work very well.

Amazon UK......www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071S8MWTY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks crude but it works well enough....:)

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 05:14:21 PM by English Turbines »
SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2018, 02:38:45 PM »

Looks like a good solution for you. I probably will stick to the usb as mine is accessible and my laptop works fine from my power supply at the field, but thanks for the info. I am trying to get a map of UART's on the v5.1, wondering why they dont list them?   

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2018, 06:44:05 PM »

Looks like a good solution for you. I probably will stick to the usb as mine is accessible and my laptop works fine from my power supply at the field, but thanks for the info. I am trying to get a map of UART's on the v5.1, wondering why they dont list them?

Hi Big T,

The UARTS are shown on the diagram you sent me a link for...

Uarts 1,3 and 6 are on this board. When you open iNAV it will display the available Ports and their numbers.

UART 1 = J2
   UART 3 = J1
   UART 6 = J6

UARTS are 4 pins Usually  1. Ground
                                        2. 5 volts
                                        3. TX
                                        4. RX

The 3 UARTS are in the bottom left corner of the board...:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 12:19:40 PM by English Turbines »
SW1900 & Storm.

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2018, 12:13:58 PM »

Photos re-uploaded....:)

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 12:39:00 PM by English Turbines »
SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2018, 04:39:47 PM »

So did the 5 volt Ubec to the servo rail work OK? No magic smoke?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

* Recent Topics
Bruce's Latest Rant by Steve W
[Today at 04:24:39 PM]

Kingkong / LDARC FPV Egg Pro 138mm - no Power to FC by ched
[Today at 12:48:36 AM]

FPV TIME SHIFT: Flying the same park through 4 seasons in one seamless edit by War Chest
[July 20, 2018, 07:55:50 PM]

E.T.s Martian 2 Round the fields in HD. by ched
[July 20, 2018, 05:28:15 PM]

Most realistic Sim for fpv quadcopter learning acro? by ched
[July 20, 2018, 12:18:21 AM]

Phantom 2 Vision + by BigT
[July 19, 2018, 10:02:16 PM]

Heavy Metal by urbanfpv
[July 19, 2018, 02:09:45 PM]

E.T.s Martian 2.....A Fun Day Out. by ched
[July 19, 2018, 12:03:06 PM]

Hi from Richmond! I'm looking for a club and like minded geeks :) by steve_eulat
[July 18, 2018, 10:57:43 PM]

What is your best Youtube comment? by Coyote
[July 18, 2018, 07:48:16 PM]

No joystick flying by Loopdreams
[July 18, 2018, 12:23:27 PM]

Having a nose around the new manor by drambuidhe
[July 18, 2018, 11:44:22 AM]

Decisions decisions by English Turbines
[July 18, 2018, 11:36:04 AM]

E.T.s Martian 2...... Testing a friends Taranis X9D by English Turbines
[July 17, 2018, 06:02:19 PM]

Cut my antenna 💩 by Coyote
[July 16, 2018, 10:33:52 PM]

* Keywords
fpvhub  fpv hub
first person view video piloting

rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv piloting wings fly flying flight fuse fuselage aileron tail pan tilt tx rx vtx rtx receiver transmitter video radio control controlled headtracker fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting fpv servo servos easystar easy star multiplex antenna VR1400 fatshark video goggles 2.4 5.8 1.2 900 ghz mhz uhf panel antenna circular fpv polarised tracker dbi 10mw 100mw 500mw camera osd fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv first person view video piloting downlink ezantenna tracker gps EzOSD current sensor tiny telemetry autopilot ccd gopro kx131 kx171 FY21 FY21A FY21AP II IMU oracle diversity processor video switcher fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting insurance simulator delta wing glider funjet quadcropter helis heli helicopter electric nitro scratchbuild scratch build batteries battery 2s 3s 4s lipo lipos fpvuk first person view video piloting Antenna fpvhub  fpv first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv Airframe Artifical Horizon Auto pilot Av AWG AWU Bec Brownout Buddy box C rating CG Circular Polarized Data logger Dbi Dbm Dipole Diversity DVR Easycap EPO EPP Failsafe FM Freshnel zone Frequency Gain Ghz Goggles GPS Ground Station Gyro Head Tracker HD Hz Inverted Vee Jst LC Filter Lipo LUX Mah Mhz Omni OSD Pan Patch Platform Polarization Rssi RTH Servo Spotter Telemetry Tilt Tracker Transmitter TVL Ubec UHF Video Splitter Vrx Vtx Watts Yagi  fpv uk first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv

http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;xml http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=0 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=200 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=300 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=400 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=500 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=600 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=700 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=800 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=900 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1000 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1200
* Disclaimer
The content, views and opinions expressed within this forum are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of FpvHub. However, we reserve the right to remove or edit any content considered inappropriate.