Views: 1663
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff
zeroG Raptor

Views: 1999
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: E.T.s Wing Wing Z84 build...with iNAV.  (Read 12236 times)

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
Re: E.T.s Wing Wing Z84 build...with iNAV.
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2018, 06:32:16 PM »

Link to LiIon DIY battery with suppliers and method

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-4S1P-Li-Ion-18650-3400mAh-Battery/

PS every time I have tried to order these  batteries they have never turned up. The flying gods are looking after me again. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Big T,

I built my own 18650 3S and it was crap TBH....voltage sag even with a modest current draw.
  Besides I would need to install a 12 volt regulator on my VTX to use a 4S setup.  Can be done of course but the Z84 doesnt have a lot of room....as you know....lol.

:vulture:

Nothing beats the smell of Jet-A at 800 Celsius...:)
Falcon UHF & 1280mhz Video.
SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
  • I'm not deaf just thinking
E.T.s Wing Wing Z84 build...with iNAV.
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2018, 09:51:49 PM »

Everything working really well ATM except nav launch. Was working well when on permanently, changed to a switch now not working at all. Reset to on all time, still not working. So.... going to reset to vanilla settings and try again. Also need to change vtx, current one is poo.

Favorite TV Series:The Sopranos
Favorite WW2 Movie's: Kelly's Heroes, Battle of Britain, Band of Bro

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2018, 09:14:57 PM »

Everything working really well ATM except nav launch. Was working well when on permanently, changed to a switch now not working at all. Reset to on all time, still not working. So.... going to reset to vanilla settings and try again. Also need to change vtx, current one is poo.

Hi Big T,
                 Glad you finally have it working well m8...As I said, I had to revert to Autolaunch on the switch method to make it work reliably. Im using one of those huge TS832 vtxs with a Mic onboard. I like the channel changer and display....You can get them really cheap now because of their size. They are very robust and reliable though and 600mw.

SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2018, 10:29:12 AM »

Hi Big T,
                 Glad you finally have it working well m8...As I said, I had to revert to Autolaunch on the switch method to make it work reliably. Im using one of those huge TS832 vtxs with a Mic onboard. I like the channel changer and display....You can get them really cheap now because of their size. They are very robust and reliable though and 600mw.

Weird goings on with my Z84 yesterday. In a nutshell it flew great on days 1 and 2. Day 3 O My Gawd!! new Tx which obviously has different gimbals and switches so calibration is not the same, so I was expecting some issues but not as bad as experienced. Hand launch in manual resulted in near vertical climb and roll to the right. Servo autotrim could not handle the elevator but sorted the roll. Landed, disarmed to save settings, tried to launch in nav launch (on a switch) no go. Man launch to check trim still climbing so tried servo trim procedure again 3 times and finally got it level with trims centred. Half hour later flew it again and elevator out again. Repeat as above and got it level. Flew another pack to check horizon mode, alt hold and that was ok. Tried RTH LOS  and it buggered off and specked out into the distance! Luckily my pal had the gogs on and he talked me back into sight. The reverse of the correct procedure!   
Other issues are throttle not shutting off 100% of the time. Think I might start over and flash the FC again and set up the rx in iNav as a new model.

As an aside, even though the models where backed up in OpenTX and loaded onto the new tx, every one flown so far, except the Betaflight Racing quads, has been wildly out of trim.

Steve W

• "The Gaffer"
  • Marshal of the Royal Air Force
  • ^ not actual size
    • DroneFinder
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2018, 10:35:41 AM »

Wow that's not good - glad you got it back.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2018, 10:40:49 AM »

It was a bit buttock clenching as the viz was pretty awful from the ground and these little wings get pretty small very quickly. As it was it was on the edge of video failure due to the low cloud and general humidity. My pal was observing on his fatsharks with a LaForge diversity that he was testing for the first time. He didnít realise that the patch antenna he was using was dodgy but the other Pagoda worked OK.  As an engineer a detest unreliability, especially something like RTH.

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2018, 12:16:04 PM »

Weird goings on with my Z84 yesterday. In a nutshell it flew great on days 1 and 2. Day 3 O My Gawd!! new Tx which obviously has different gimbals and switches so calibration is not the same, so I was expecting some issues but not as bad as experienced. Hand launch in manual resulted in near vertical climb and roll to the right. Servo autotrim could not handle the elevator but sorted the roll. Landed, disarmed to save settings, tried to launch in nav launch (on a switch) no go. Man launch to check trim still climbing so tried servo trim procedure again 3 times and finally got it level with trims centred. Half hour later flew it again and elevator out again. Repeat as above and got it level. Flew another pack to check horizon mode, alt hold and that was ok. Tried RTH LOS  and it buggered off and specked out into the distance! Luckily my pal had the gogs on and he talked me back into sight. The reverse of the correct procedure!   
Other issues are throttle not shutting off 100% of the time. Think I might start over and flash the FC again and set up the rx in iNav as a new model.

As an aside, even though the models where backed up in OpenTX and loaded onto the new tx, every one flown so far, except the Betaflight Racing quads, has been wildly out of trim.

Hi Big T,
               Have to say, after flying my Z84 for a while now, Im not surprised by this at all....Firstly, the Z84 is pretty sensitive to trim and it does not need much at all in the way of surface movements.
  Inside iNAV, (and my Taranis) I had to spend quite some time in the Receiver bar chart section making sure the throws and 1500 stick centres were spot on, with 1000 / 1500 / 2000 showing on all controls.

After doing some meddling with linkages or throws or whatever, I always now make a point of getting the model straight into Horizon Mode after launch ASAP because I know the FC board trims are correct and unaffected by throws / trims / centres...Level is Level..lol.

I could not get on with Servo Autotrim at all, and basically get the model at a safe height and then switch from Horizon into Manual and watch which way the plane deviates. Then, its land and adjust the quicklinks and try again until it's about right, very tedious indeed.

Fact: You cannot use Autolaunch if your trims are not exactly centred...I think this also includes any Subtrim in your Taranis too as the FC is looking for 1500 centre and bugger all else. A strange way of going on, they might want to re-think this..?

That's okay though, because I always set it up so that when it disengages Autolaunch, it goes straight into Horizon Mode, which is very handy, especially if you have to abandon Autolaunch by stick interruption.
  I only seem to use Manual these days during a hand launch or landing sometimes.

Did you calibrate the sticks on your new Taranis..?....It seems there was nothing wrong with the old Taranis then..?

« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 12:23:38 PM by English Turbines »
SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2018, 08:14:19 PM »

I did all the pre load stuff on the new tx, cal sticks etc. Only error I have is that the bootloader is not the same as the old tx. Not sure how that happened. My thought re trimming of old models is that the new Ď18 model tx has the new gimbals so algorithm is different.
There is a problem with the old tx, Richard thinks itís the voltage transformer and the old firmware of the module. No problem for me as the change over will only cost me about £50 net. Richard at T9 seems a really genuine chap. Nice in this day and age, reminds me of my Old Man.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2018, 07:15:31 PM »

How did you set the timer for launch mode up in the Taranis?

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2018, 09:44:01 PM »

How did you set the timer for launch mode up in the Taranis?

Hi Big T,

There is no timer to set in your Taranis...?

You just need a spare channel to set up a switch so you can engage Launch Mode.

Sequence:

1. Power your TX.

2. Power the plane and wait for a Sat fix.

3. Engage Launch Mode.

4. Arm the Flight Controller.

5. Engage Horizon Mode (or a Mode of your choice)

6. Set the throttle to about 50%

7. Launch the model....(Don't touch the sticks or Autolaunch will disengage)

SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2018, 08:35:16 AM »

Sorry I didnít explain myself. I know how to do that. I thought you said in an earlier post that you had set a voice countdown to  report the condition. Must have been another contributor.

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2018, 09:52:02 PM »

Sorry I didnít explain myself. I know how to do that. I thought you said in an earlier post that you had set a voice countdown to  report the condition. Must have been another contributor.

Hi Big T,

Oh, okay..I thought you knew how Autolaunch worked..:)

Well, I think you may be referring to RSSI??? In the days before I had the luxury of an OSD with RSSI in the display, I used to have RSSI on a switch, and Amber calling out the DB signal strength every 5 seconds. I used to switch her on when I was out on the edge of my X8Rs range.

SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2018, 08:27:09 PM »

Tuned up the autolaunch with help,from OliverC and others. Working ok now

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2018, 12:00:27 AM »

Tuned up the autolaunch with help,from OliverC and others. Working ok now

Hi Big T,

Pleased you got it sorted at last, it's great when it works and no risk of prop strike....:)

SW1900 & Storm.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

* Recent Topics
EXPLORING A BANDO AT SUNSET - ONE PACK by War Chest
[Yesterday at 10:04:32 PM]

I think I'm done... by Steve W
[Yesterday at 12:28:11 PM]

I got to see what my own flying looks like! by luv2rip-fvp
[Yesterday at 02:22:15 AM]

Manage to make it through the bars by luv2rip-fvp
[Yesterday at 02:19:45 AM]

Frsky radio advice by English Turbines
[August 16, 2018, 11:49:00 AM]

drop it like its hot - betaflight Q by The flying cat
[August 16, 2018, 11:00:28 AM]

Better Bungee Required by Coyote
[August 15, 2018, 01:21:25 PM]

video editing software suggestions? by BigT
[August 15, 2018, 11:42:46 AM]

E.T.s Z84...iNAV 2.0 and Eachine DVR Testing by English Turbines
[August 14, 2018, 04:46:56 PM]

FLY ANGRY by Lamaule
[August 14, 2018, 11:16:16 AM]

Evening Rip with wings and hay-bales by urbanfpv
[August 13, 2018, 04:13:07 PM]

E-wings - a new UK based EPP wing manufacturer by iwan_canobi
[August 13, 2018, 11:19:35 AM]

Mini Talon FPV Flight by Drone 5
[August 12, 2018, 05:14:30 PM]

Hi folks by Coyote
[August 11, 2018, 10:04:37 PM]

Schoolís out... by elmattbo
[August 09, 2018, 09:22:39 PM]

* Keywords
fpvhub  fpv hub
first person view video piloting

rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv piloting wings fly flying flight fuse fuselage aileron tail pan tilt tx rx vtx rtx receiver transmitter video radio control controlled headtracker fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting fpv servo servos easystar easy star multiplex antenna VR1400 fatshark video goggles 2.4 5.8 1.2 900 ghz mhz uhf panel antenna circular fpv polarised tracker dbi 10mw 100mw 500mw camera osd fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv first person view video piloting downlink ezantenna tracker gps EzOSD current sensor tiny telemetry autopilot ccd gopro kx131 kx171 FY21 FY21A FY21AP II IMU oracle diversity processor video switcher fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting insurance simulator delta wing glider funjet quadcropter helis heli helicopter electric nitro scratchbuild scratch build batteries battery 2s 3s 4s lipo lipos fpvuk first person view video piloting Antenna fpvhub  fpv first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv Airframe Artifical Horizon Auto pilot Av AWG AWU Bec Brownout Buddy box C rating CG Circular Polarized Data logger Dbi Dbm Dipole Diversity DVR Easycap EPO EPP Failsafe FM Freshnel zone Frequency Gain Ghz Goggles GPS Ground Station Gyro Head Tracker HD Hz Inverted Vee Jst LC Filter Lipo LUX Mah Mhz Omni OSD Pan Patch Platform Polarization Rssi RTH Servo Spotter Telemetry Tilt Tracker Transmitter TVL Ubec UHF Video Splitter Vrx Vtx Watts Yagi  fpv uk first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv

http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;xml http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=0 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=200 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=300 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=400 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=500 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=600 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=700 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=800 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=900 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1000 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1200
* Disclaimer
The content, views and opinions expressed within this forum are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of FpvHub. However, we reserve the right to remove or edit any content considered inappropriate.