Views: 1663
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff
zeroG Raptor

Views: 1999
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: E-wings - a new UK based EPP wing manufacturer  (Read 9583 times)

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
Re: E-wings - a new UK based EPP wing manufacturer
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2018, 11:42:25 PM »

Looks nice, I would extend the fuz some behind the wings Trailing Edge though.....about 60mm should do it, maybe even 75mm..?

Otherwise, its going to be noisy and nose heavy for sure......The idea is to have some length in the Fuz so you have a bigger choice of Lipo weights and position.
  It's going to be nose heavy if you dont do this.

Ideally, the Flight lipo would be over the CG, meaning you could put any Lipo in there and not worry about being able to balance it...Keep that in mind.

:vulture:
Nothing beats the smell of Jet-A at 800 Celsius...:)
Falcon UHF & 1280mhz Video.
SW1900 & Storm.

iwan_canobi

• Group Captain
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2018, 10:07:57 AM »

The fuse has already been extended a bit from the first version as it was extremely tail heavy, so needed extended forward rather than backwards. There is loads of room for lipos and it can take a fair amount of weight, in fact it needs a minimum of 5000mah really to balance correctly, the CG is far forward on forward swept wings, almost at the leading edge where the wing meets the fuse.

It's not too noisy, certainly not any noisier than a regular swept wing.

Oh very nice - does it have a name yet?

I have a few in mind but haven't settled yet, soon though! :)

Andy Sayle

• Wing Commander
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2018, 10:49:57 AM »

Looks ace, can I buy one yet?!  Ha ha!

Andy
Duct Tape and a Hammer.  A cure for all known mechanical problems.

iwan_canobi

• Group Captain
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2018, 10:55:04 AM »

Ha ha, not quite yet! Got a good few test flights last night (until a capacitor on my ESC exploded!) so I've got some changes to implement and build a 'Proto2' which should hopefully be much closer to production ready. So still another month or so I reckon before I can start taking orders.

What I can say so far is it's nice and stable, and super easy to launch even with a 1.8kg loaded weight. Proto1 is a heavy beast to get the CG right but I've lengthened the fuse for my next ones so it should be much easier.

It is coming though, don't worry! :D

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2018, 09:55:34 PM »

The fuse has already been extended a bit from the first version as it was extremely tail heavy, so needed extended forward rather than backwards. There is loads of room for lipos and it can take a fair amount of weight, in fact it needs a minimum of 5000mah really to balance correctly, the CG is far forward on forward swept wings, almost at the leading edge where the wing meets the fuse.

It's not too noisy, certainly not any noisier than a regular swept wing.

I have a few in mind but haven't settled yet, soon though! :)

Hi m8,
              "the CG is far forward on forward swept wings, almost at the leading edge where the wing meets the fuse."

I almost wonder if we are talking about the same model here...?.....The sweep forward on this model is minimal to say the least. The CG is not going to be where you predict it to be.
  There is no way you will be able to load up this model with a 5000mah Lipo and get it to balance, unless you plan on putting the battery over the wing somehow..?

« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 10:02:34 PM by English Turbines »
SW1900 & Storm.

iwan_canobi

• Group Captain
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2018, 10:12:41 PM »

It depends if you are looking at the leading or trailing edge sweep, but anyway, my comments are not based on predictions but real world experience, this flies best with the CG about 1cm back from the leading edge. At 3cm back it's unflyable.

For the first prototype with the shorter nose I had a 5000mah 4S as far forward as possible, 2x runcam HD2's in the nose, an FPV cam, and a bunch of lead weight to hit the CG. That's why I've extended the nose for the next revisions. So as I say it's from testing that I'm saying the config, not prediction.

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2018, 10:25:04 PM »

It depends if you are looking at the leading or trailing edge sweep, but anyway, my comments are not based on predictions but real world experience, this flies best with the CG about 1cm back from the leading edge. At 3cm back it's unflyable.

For the first prototype with the shorter nose I had a 5000mah 4S as far forward as possible, 2x runcam HD2's in the nose, an FPV cam, and a bunch of lead weight to hit the CG. That's why I've extended the nose for the next revisions. So as I say it's from testing that I'm saying the config, not prediction.

Hi M8,
               Oh, okay pleased it's worked out, Im still surprised though.....What did you use for a motor, did it come out of a washing machine.....:)
   Seriously though, a 5000mah 4S is useful capacity so what prop / motor combo are you using..?...Is it an amp gobbling screamer or a cruiser..?....and more importantly, will it work as either?
 What is the wingspan again..? 

SW1900 & Storm.

iwan_canobi

• Group Captain
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2018, 10:38:33 PM »

No worries, I'm testing various motors - so far I've ran a 1400kv 2836 with 9x5 prop which is more of a cruiser. Yesterday I was testing a 3638 1800kv monster on 8x6, that's heavy and screams but it can still slow down quite a bit. All up weight is around 1.8kg but it still has a decent glide slope, the wingspan is 1.2m.

So it should be a good all-rounder, there is space for 2x 5000's in that bay (on their side) and I reckon you could hit the CG with that config for a long range endurance platform!

I know it probably sounds wrong, but this foam is dense and the rear is bulky, couple that with an ESC far back and the vtail and it means you need a lot in the front to offset it.

ClippedWing

• It's salmon colour you jerks
  • Wing Commander
  • Negative - The Pattern Is FULL
    • LimeClouds - New
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2018, 11:51:51 AM »

This is awesome, definitely a lack off epp planes! I was going to do similar a few years back but I could only import 4m x 2m blocks from Germany at the time and my wife would of killed me!

If you want some build manuals done let me know, I did the build manuals for Bormatec and helped set up fpv1.de with photography/digital media. Good luck with your Ewings!
Owner of the OMW - One Man Workshop!
[img]http:/

iwan_canobi

• Group Captain
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2018, 01:16:22 PM »

This is awesome, definitely a lack off epp planes! I was going to do similar a few years back but I could only import 4m x 2m blocks from Germany at the time and my wife would of killed me!

If you want some build manuals done let me know, I did the build manuals for Bormatec and helped set up fpv1.de with photography/digital media. Good luck with your Ewings!

Cheers man! Once I have the build process down I planned to do a one-sheet overview then a detailed build video. Will maybe give you a shout for some guidance though, thanks!

Yeah the wife is already getting close to killing me as I've been spending so much time on this. Basically get home from work, have dinner then disappear for the rest of the night! I keep trying to tell her it's a business and just a hobby but I don't think she's buying it! :P

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
  • I'm not deaf just thinking
E-wings - a new UK based EPP wing manufacturer
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2018, 01:18:22 PM »

Great progress! Based on my experiences with manufacturing rotor blades for the very small model Autogyro market I would urge you to start looking at post and packaging options sooner rather than later. Especially the method of packaging. I was completely taken by surprise at the number of orders we had from overseas and the cost of shipping from the U.K. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Favorite TV Series:The Sopranos
Favorite WW2 Movie's: Kelly's Heroes, Battle of Britain, Band of Bro

ClippedWing

• It's salmon colour you jerks
  • Wing Commander
  • Negative - The Pattern Is FULL
    • LimeClouds - New
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2018, 02:25:55 PM »

Cheers man! Once I have the build process down I planned to do a one-sheet overview then a detailed build video. Will maybe give you a shout for some guidance though, thanks!

Yeah the wife is already getting close to killing me as I've been spending so much time on this. Basically get home from work, have dinner then disappear for the rest of the night! I keep trying to tell her it's a business and just a hobby but I don't think she's buying it! :P

Yes please do! More than happy to help! Fpv1.de is the largest distributor now in Germany!
Owner of the OMW - One Man Workshop!
[img]http:/

iwan_canobi

• Group Captain
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2018, 03:48:46 PM »

Great progress! Based on my experiences with manufacturing rotor blades for the very small model Autogyro market I would urge you to start looking at post and packaging options sooner rather than later. Especially the method of packaging. I was completely taken by surprise at the number of orders we had from overseas and the cost of shipping from the U.K. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for this, it's solid advice! Every time I post on instagram any update I get a few people from all over messaging me asking when it will be available! I've been looking into boxes but I have no idea what postage outside the UK will be! Will need to get checking.

I'm well into the build of the next version which I'm hoping is 90% production ready. I'm off on holiday for a week on Thursday which will slow things a bit, but I'll be itching to go when I get back!

iwan_canobi

• Group Captain
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2018, 01:30:01 PM »

Hey guys, just a small update! I'm still working away on this but it's taking a bit longer than I initially planned. Turns out I was a bit naive in my estimations of when I'd be able to start selling kits, I underestimated the amount of time development takes and also the amount of hours there actually are in a day. It's fairly simple to make one plane, but making them repeatable and manufacturable is a whole other ball game!

Rest assured though I am still going and will have an excellent product ready as soon as I'm able! It may end up being a double launch of the forward swept design and also a medium sized wing - stay tuned for more on that soon!

Cheers

dp106

• Wing Commander
    • My Blog
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2018, 08:46:28 PM »

Hey guys, just a small update! I'm still working away on this but it's taking a bit longer than I initially planned. Turns out I was a bit naive in my estimations of when I'd be able to start selling kits, I underestimated the amount of time development takes and also the amount of hours there actually are in a day. It's fairly simple to make one plane, but making them repeatable and manufacturable is a whole other ball game!

Rest assured though I am still going and will have an excellent product ready as soon as I'm able! It may end up being a double launch of the forward swept design and also a medium sized wing - stay tuned for more on that soon!

Cheers
If you can bring out a medium size wing similar performance to the Genesis without the waggle I'm sold! 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

* Recent Topics
EXPLORING A BANDO AT SUNSET - ONE PACK by War Chest
[Yesterday at 10:04:32 PM]

I think I'm done... by Steve W
[Yesterday at 12:28:11 PM]

I got to see what my own flying looks like! by luv2rip-fvp
[Yesterday at 02:22:15 AM]

Manage to make it through the bars by luv2rip-fvp
[Yesterday at 02:19:45 AM]

Frsky radio advice by English Turbines
[August 16, 2018, 11:49:00 AM]

drop it like its hot - betaflight Q by The flying cat
[August 16, 2018, 11:00:28 AM]

Better Bungee Required by Coyote
[August 15, 2018, 01:21:25 PM]

video editing software suggestions? by BigT
[August 15, 2018, 11:42:46 AM]

E.T.s Z84...iNAV 2.0 and Eachine DVR Testing by English Turbines
[August 14, 2018, 04:46:56 PM]

FLY ANGRY by Lamaule
[August 14, 2018, 11:16:16 AM]

Evening Rip with wings and hay-bales by urbanfpv
[August 13, 2018, 04:13:07 PM]

E-wings - a new UK based EPP wing manufacturer by iwan_canobi
[August 13, 2018, 11:19:35 AM]

Mini Talon FPV Flight by Drone 5
[August 12, 2018, 05:14:30 PM]

Hi folks by Coyote
[August 11, 2018, 10:04:37 PM]

School’s out... by elmattbo
[August 09, 2018, 09:22:39 PM]

* Keywords
fpvhub  fpv hub
first person view video piloting

rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv piloting wings fly flying flight fuse fuselage aileron tail pan tilt tx rx vtx rtx receiver transmitter video radio control controlled headtracker fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting fpv servo servos easystar easy star multiplex antenna VR1400 fatshark video goggles 2.4 5.8 1.2 900 ghz mhz uhf panel antenna circular fpv polarised tracker dbi 10mw 100mw 500mw camera osd fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv first person view video piloting downlink ezantenna tracker gps EzOSD current sensor tiny telemetry autopilot ccd gopro kx131 kx171 FY21 FY21A FY21AP II IMU oracle diversity processor video switcher fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting insurance simulator delta wing glider funjet quadcropter helis heli helicopter electric nitro scratchbuild scratch build batteries battery 2s 3s 4s lipo lipos fpvuk first person view video piloting Antenna fpvhub  fpv first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv Airframe Artifical Horizon Auto pilot Av AWG AWU Bec Brownout Buddy box C rating CG Circular Polarized Data logger Dbi Dbm Dipole Diversity DVR Easycap EPO EPP Failsafe FM Freshnel zone Frequency Gain Ghz Goggles GPS Ground Station Gyro Head Tracker HD Hz Inverted Vee Jst LC Filter Lipo LUX Mah Mhz Omni OSD Pan Patch Platform Polarization Rssi RTH Servo Spotter Telemetry Tilt Tracker Transmitter TVL Ubec UHF Video Splitter Vrx Vtx Watts Yagi  fpv uk first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv

http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;xml http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=0 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=200 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=300 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=400 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=500 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=600 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=700 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=800 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=900 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1000 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1200
* Disclaimer
The content, views and opinions expressed within this forum are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of FpvHub. However, we reserve the right to remove or edit any content considered inappropriate.