Views: 1648
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff
zeroG Raptor

Views: 1985
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Kernow girls have competion for the charger now :-)  (Read 5673 times)

Dizzy

• Miss whiplash
  • Air Vice-Marshal
  • Dizzy
The Kernow girls have competion for the charger now :-)
« on: April 14, 2018, 06:27:00 PM »

This will sort out all our local journey's but we are keeping the dirty diesal for Long distance :-) only time will tell but its so cheap to run on night rate electric its almost cheaper than the Tonka summit lol 

dizzy:-)
The sky is for byrds and fpvers

Easystar, Penquin, Spitfire, fun cub Zcub  Tonks Summit  
Los slope

Loopdreams

• Air Commodore
Re: The Kernow girls have competion for the charger now :-)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 07:13:54 PM »

As well as a nice little motor what you also have there is an excellent power supply for a field charger.

Dizzy

• Miss whiplash
  • Air Vice-Marshal
  • Dizzy
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 09:26:52 PM »

As well as a nice little motor what you also have there is an excellent power supply for a field charger.
  yeah Loopdreams I never thought of that :-) Cheers ;-)

dizzy :-)

Los slope

Coyote

• Admin
  • Marshal of the Royal Air Force
    • My New Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 11:40:34 AM »

Funky look thing :)
Education and schoolin is good, but FPV is gooder :)

My Blog
My Youtube
My Vimeo

Dizzy

• Miss whiplash
  • Air Vice-Marshal
  • Dizzy
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 09:58:02 PM »

Funky look thing :)
  yup  coyote, its a girl's car for sure but soo  comfortable :-)

dizzy:-)

Los slope

Dizzy

• Miss whiplash
  • Air Vice-Marshal
  • Dizzy
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 11:52:37 PM »

Just a note on the subject of electric cars

We have just spent the week away in Derby and Doncaster, totalled more than  900 miles travelling for a total cost of just under 35.00
 Ours is the small battery Leaf but we only had to stop twice more than normal on the journey up,  and back once more. Not much of a price to pay in our eyes. 😊
The cost was up a bit only because some of the charge points are starting to charge  a connection fee but by being picky where we charged, We averaged out around 3.00 a top up.

The age of EV's is just around the corner for sure  we met a guy who just spent a week touring Scotland 1500miles free charging every where ☺ 

Happy motoring guys 😊
 ps I,m still a petrol head 
dizzy   😉

Los slope

Loopdreams

• Air Commodore
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 12:25:07 AM »

Yeah it's not quite at the tipping point for me where I could recoup the money I'd need to spend to get the type of car I like if it was electric.  My daily commute isn't even daily, is only about 8 miles each way and if the weather's decent I ride my bike.  I'm changing my car for another petrol one but I reckon the one after that, in about another five years will almost certainly be electric.

It's definitely the way things are going.  I love cars but I'm not a petrolhead, I just like to go fast on or in anything I can.  I'll miss petrol engines about as much as I miss the glow engines that used to be in my toy planes. i.e. not really at all.

Steve W

• "The Gaffer"
  • Marshal of the Royal Air Force
  • ^ not actual size
    • DroneFinder
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 11:01:28 AM »

Why do they have to look like a shoe though? Make them look cool (like Tesla) and then they might get some extra traction.

ched

• Flight Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 11:17:35 AM »

If you are away from home how does charging work? Do all public chargers fit all elec cars? Do you have to register to use chargers etc? Can you charge off a 13 amp plug?
Must admit I know nothing about the nation's charging system!

Dave

• Wing Commander
  • Let there be Flight....
    • F.P.heaVen
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 11:33:57 AM »

If you are away from home how does charging work? Do all public chargers fit all elec cars? Do you have to register to use chargers etc? Can you charge off a 13 amp plug?

I was wondering the same things whilst reading through this thread, especially about the bloke 'free charging' in Scotland. How does that work? Someone must be paying the electricity bill.
WWW.FPHEAVEN.CO.UK

Dizzy

• Miss whiplash
  • Air Vice-Marshal
  • Dizzy
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2018, 04:31:53 PM »

Why do they have to look like a shoe though? Make them look cool (like Tesla) and then they might get some extra traction.
the new ones look normal Steve 😊

Will upload pic tonight when home

dizzy ☺

Los slope

Dizzy

• Miss whiplash
  • Air Vice-Marshal
  • Dizzy
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2018, 04:39:39 PM »

Hi CheD
We charge from our 13camp socket on economy 7 costs us about 7 pence a unit our battery is 24kw but top ups are normally around 10 to 14 kw on a night pretty cheap.

Public down here is 1.00 per connection electrons 30pence a unit but that's the fast chargers we have a few dotted around Cornwall ideal for us.
Whooping destination chargers are slower but usually free just use a phone app to start charging puts back about 10 to 12 miles an hour ideal when shopping.
We signed with ecotricity  they only charge for the units used caries between 30p and 35p on motorways no fees up front.
Down here we use mainly genie point. No up front charges either
.dizzy☺

Los slope

Dizzy

• Miss whiplash
  • Air Vice-Marshal
  • Dizzy
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 04:40:39 PM »

I was wondering the same things whilst reading through this thread, especially about the bloke 'free charging' in Scotland. How does that work? Someone must be paying the electricity bill.
hydro mostly in Scotland lol but yep totally free.

dizzy☺

Los slope

ched

• Flight Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2018, 07:31:47 PM »

Hi CheD
We charge from our 13camp socket on economy 7 costs us about 7 pence a unit our battery is 24kw but top ups are normally around 10 to 14 kw on a night pretty cheap.

Public down here is 1.00 per connection electrons 30pence a unit but that's the fast chargers we have a few dotted around Cornwall ideal for us.
Whooping destination chargers are slower but usually free just use a phone app to start charging puts back about 10 to 12 miles an hour ideal when shopping.
We signed with ecotricity  they only charge for the units used caries between 30p and 35p on motorways no fees up front.
Down here we use mainly genie point. No up front charges either
.dizzy☺

Sounds like the connections to the cars are fairly standard then, that's a miracle they could agree.
So any ideas how many miles you get to a unit?
Always interesting finding out about new tech.
Thanks

Dizzy

• Miss whiplash
  • Air Vice-Marshal
  • Dizzy
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2018, 11:41:59 PM »

Sounds like the connections to the cars are fairly standard then, that's a miracle they could agree.
So any ideas how many miles you get to a unit?
Always interesting finding out about new tech.
Thanks
yup the connector for nissen and a few others are chademo for fast charging that's dc direct to the battery thats about 53kw around 109 amps for ours.
The other is much smaller and AC  ours can run 3.6 KW or 7.2  if it's connected to a block called a  granny charger it charges at a rate a 13amp plug can take comfortably 3.3KW.
On the Dash there is a meter that can be brought onto the display that shows your miles per Kw this varies by how heavy
 your right foot is  we average 4.7 to 6.2 but the Regenerative  charging is so efficient often we gained sn extra ten miles when travelling on very slight gradients,  obviously uphill drains the battery a little more.
I was caught in traffic on the way home today my normal 18 mile journey used only 15 miles of juice, when in a real hurry touching 65 plus I can use up to 24 miles worth of juice. The meter reading miles available is very accurate but changes by the way your driving its interesting to drive full 109 available HP instant torgue no gear changes makes it very quick with no effort.
Cruise all day at 70 on the motorway zero noise compared to our diesal, 20 minute top ups lots of charge points wish we arrived here year's ago ☺watching the real time meter surprises passengers when after going down hill for short runs on full regen they see the miles go up u don't use the brakes unless u want to actually stop.

Hope this gives u an insight

dizzy☺   

Los slope
Pages: [1] 2

* Recent Topics
Bruce's Latest Rant by Steve W
[Today at 04:24:39 PM]

Kingkong / LDARC FPV Egg Pro 138mm - no Power to FC by ched
[Today at 12:48:36 AM]

FPV TIME SHIFT: Flying the same park through 4 seasons in one seamless edit by War Chest
[July 20, 2018, 07:55:50 PM]

E.T.s Martian 2 Round the fields in HD. by ched
[July 20, 2018, 05:28:15 PM]

Most realistic Sim for fpv quadcopter learning acro? by ched
[July 20, 2018, 12:18:21 AM]

Phantom 2 Vision + by BigT
[July 19, 2018, 10:02:16 PM]

Heavy Metal by urbanfpv
[July 19, 2018, 02:09:45 PM]

E.T.s Martian 2.....A Fun Day Out. by ched
[July 19, 2018, 12:03:06 PM]

Hi from Richmond! I'm looking for a club and like minded geeks :) by steve_eulat
[July 18, 2018, 10:57:43 PM]

What is your best Youtube comment? by Coyote
[July 18, 2018, 07:48:16 PM]

No joystick flying by Loopdreams
[July 18, 2018, 12:23:27 PM]

Having a nose around the new manor by drambuidhe
[July 18, 2018, 11:44:22 AM]

Decisions decisions by English Turbines
[July 18, 2018, 11:36:04 AM]

E.T.s Martian 2...... Testing a friends Taranis X9D by English Turbines
[July 17, 2018, 06:02:19 PM]

Cut my antenna 💩 by Coyote
[July 16, 2018, 10:33:52 PM]

* Keywords
fpvhub  fpv hub
first person view video piloting

rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv piloting wings fly flying flight fuse fuselage aileron tail pan tilt tx rx vtx rtx receiver transmitter video radio control controlled headtracker fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting fpv servo servos easystar easy star multiplex antenna VR1400 fatshark video goggles 2.4 5.8 1.2 900 ghz mhz uhf panel antenna circular fpv polarised tracker dbi 10mw 100mw 500mw camera osd fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv first person view video piloting downlink ezantenna tracker gps EzOSD current sensor tiny telemetry autopilot ccd gopro kx131 kx171 FY21 FY21A FY21AP II IMU oracle diversity processor video switcher fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting insurance simulator delta wing glider funjet quadcropter helis heli helicopter electric nitro scratchbuild scratch build batteries battery 2s 3s 4s lipo lipos fpvuk first person view video piloting Antenna fpvhub  fpv first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv Airframe Artifical Horizon Auto pilot Av AWG AWU Bec Brownout Buddy box C rating CG Circular Polarized Data logger Dbi Dbm Dipole Diversity DVR Easycap EPO EPP Failsafe FM Freshnel zone Frequency Gain Ghz Goggles GPS Ground Station Gyro Head Tracker HD Hz Inverted Vee Jst LC Filter Lipo LUX Mah Mhz Omni OSD Pan Patch Platform Polarization Rssi RTH Servo Spotter Telemetry Tilt Tracker Transmitter TVL Ubec UHF Video Splitter Vrx Vtx Watts Yagi  fpv uk first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv

http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;xml http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=0 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=200 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=300 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=400 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=500 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=600 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=700 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=800 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=900 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1000 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1200
* Disclaimer
The content, views and opinions expressed within this forum are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of FpvHub. However, we reserve the right to remove or edit any content considered inappropriate.