Views: 1663
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff
zeroG Raptor

Views: 1999
Posted by: Njoro
in: FPV Stuff

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Steve's Wing Wing Z-84 Build with T1000FC  (Read 6919 times)

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
Re: Steve's Wing Wing Z-84 Build with T1000FC
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2018, 10:13:45 PM »

Too late - I lost my rag with it after another night of tweaking and transplanted all of my gear into an old Bixler 1.1 ... I can't be doing with that bobbing, it was way too irritating and I made it my life goal this season to not spend it "faffing" ... the Bixler just works. Boring, but I know it's going to get me a nice flight every time I go out.

Hi Steve,
                  Oh, that's a shame, I thought it flew really well apart from the bobbing that is.
  I have flown mine in Manual though, and to be honest it's a bit of a handful without a FC in it.

:vulture:

Nothing beats the smell of Jet-A at 800 Celsius...:)
Falcon UHF & 1280mhz Video.
SW1900 & Storm.

Steve W

• "The Gaffer"
  • Marshal of the Royal Air Force
  • ^ not actual size
    • DroneFinder
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2018, 10:16:51 PM »

I'll revisit it - maybe with iNav :P   It just needs a FC and Rx.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
  • I'm not deaf just thinking
Steve's Wing Wing Z-84 Build with T1000FC
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2018, 01:25:16 PM »

I have a few spare older FCís that would take earlier versions of iNav. My Z flies ok with iNav but itís very noisy, not stealthy at all. It actually handled quite well in manual before I started tweaking the settings. I may reload the bog standard setting and start over. With ETís launch settings, launch mode is working well now. But for relaxed FPV you canít beat a Skywalker or MTD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Favorite TV Series:The Sopranos
Favorite WW2 Movie's: Kelly's Heroes, Battle of Britain, Band of Bro

Steve W

• "The Gaffer"
  • ^ not actual size
    • DroneFinder
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2018, 02:38:58 PM »

Yes... right now I have (live and ready to go)

Bixler 1.1 with Mobius
Skywalker Revolution with VikCam 4K on pan/tilt
Mini Talon with Mobius
Vortex quad with Firefly 7s

So I'm not exactly struggling for things to fly ... don't get me wrong I loved flying this little wing and it gave me tons of confidence but I went on a downer with it once I started tweaking it and lost my Mobius ... then, next session I landed perfectly but snapped another propeller (and I didn't have a spare). That did it!! I can't be going flying and having my precious spare time ruined by snapping a prop through no fault of my own, so I decided to simply bung all the gear into a Bixler which will be less exciting, but very reliable and require next to no faffing around.

As I say, I'll pick it up again - got a few rather large bills to pay in the meantime before I start purchasing more FPV gear though.

As an experiment though, I consider this project a success - apart from the bobbing, the wing flew very well with the T1000FC and I was confident flying it immediately. But the little tweaks and disadvantages (potential prop strikes, bobbing) have made me shelve it. It was very, very convenient to chuck in the car though :)

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2018, 08:05:50 PM »

I So hate those big bills, let me know if you want one of these FC, you can have one of the Naze 32 for postage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve W

• "The Gaffer"
  • ^ not actual size
    • DroneFinder
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2018, 12:29:12 AM »

Yea - our fireplace packed up and it's an old parkray coal fired thing (the waterjacket sprung a leak so the mains water had to be isolated and everything drained etc) - we're having to have the whole lot replaced (boiler, cylinder, header tank, pipework, fireplace etc) at a cost of just over 5.5k which is a little bit detrimental to my FPV to say the least lol.

I think I'll stick to the plan and scrape some change together for an iNav setup - thanks for the offer though!

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2018, 09:31:30 AM »

I am sure you have looked into it but as a recently retired plumber builder developer I am sure you can get some assistance from the green deal. We replaced a solid fuel back boiler in one of our properties with a gas combi system and due to the age of the old system got a grant to do it. I am sure that was replaced with this http://www.affordablewarmthgrants.co.uk/info-grant-boilers
Worth a look? As they say at Asda, every little helps.

Steve W

• "The Gaffer"
  • ^ not actual size
    • DroneFinder
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2018, 06:12:04 PM »

Thanks for that - having looked into it my income takes us over the threshold for any help but it was worth a try!

Steve W

• "The Gaffer"
  • ^ not actual size
    • DroneFinder
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2018, 09:34:47 PM »

OK - back to topic.

She's back ... I got very bored, very quickly with the Bixler and decided the Z-84 had many more positives that outweighed the bad so I decided to rebuild it. It's the same in every way apart from:

1. I'm now using a DAL 6040 unbreakable (hah!!!) prop instead of the bullnose style .. I seem to have a LOT more thrust! ;D
2. The prop is green instead of black ....  :laugh:
3. I have the 808 #16 camera mounted permanently on the canopy, and powered from the Rx without a battery so it's light. The footage isn't the best, but it's acceptable for what it is - this is not a camera ship anyway. I can take it or leave it, the live feed might be more of interest anyway. But it's "fire and forget", it's there regardless.

Test flight has been completed, just needs a little more mechanical up-trim so I can centre the transmitter trim and it's good to go ... I chucked it in ~20mph winds and the T1000FC did its job really well.

Note to self: don't lose your temper and rip apart a perfectly good plane just because you get in a strop over losing a Mobius lol

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2018, 11:50:04 AM »

OK - back to topic.

She's back ... I got very bored, very quickly with the Bixler and decided the Z-84 had many more positives that outweighed the bad so I decided to rebuild it. It's the same in every way apart from:

1. I'm now using a DAL 6040 unbreakable (hah!!!) prop instead of the bullnose style .. I seem to have a LOT more thrust! ;D
2. The prop is green instead of black ....  :laugh:
3. I have the 808 #16 camera mounted permanently on the canopy, and powered from the Rx without a battery so it's light. The footage isn't the best, but it's acceptable for what it is - this is not a camera ship anyway. I can take it or leave it, the live feed might be more of interest anyway. But it's "fire and forget", it's there regardless.

Test flight has been completed, just needs a little more mechanical up-trim so I can centre the transmitter trim and it's good to go ... I chucked it in ~20mph winds and the T1000FC did its job really well.

Note to self: don't lose your temper and rip apart a perfectly good plane just because you get in a strop over losing a Mobius lol

Hi Steve,
                  Good to hear the Z84 is re-born again...for such a small plane it flies very well I think. On a side note, someone in our Club the other day was flying his big Z84 LOS. Despite not flying very far away, he and I had difficulty seeing its orientation which was surprising given its size, must have been the stripes on the underside...?
  My Bixler 2 has been retired, I got sick of flying it as it flew so badly TBH. It's a shame they stopped making the 808 Keychain camera, it's such a lightweight, perfect for the Z84.
  If you drop an FC and iNAV in it, you could always drop one of those micro DVRs onboard. Despite being permanently in a form of Widescreen NTSC, they record fairly well and also run off 5vdc. You need a clean 5vdc though, not from your RX I would suggest.

:vulture:
Nothing beats the smell of Jet-A at 800 Celsius...:)
Falcon UHF & 1280mhz Video.
SW1900 & Storm.

Steve W

• "The Gaffer"
  • ^ not actual size
    • DroneFinder
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2018, 05:12:18 PM »

Yea.. I think I'm going to just keep this one as it is, it's a fun little plane which is all that matters really.

I don't really like the 808 camera for the sole reason that it is quite a narrow FOV compared to the Mobius - but it is what it is, and to be honest my flight camera is pretty nice anyway so I'll probably just post video from that if I record the ground feed. We'll see - like I say, it records as soon as the plane is powered up anyway so no effort required - just how I like it :D

Steve W

• "The Gaffer"
  • ^ not actual size
    • DroneFinder
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2018, 03:35:09 PM »

! No longer available

Flying nicely again - no more fiddling!!! :)

Drone 5

• Wing Commander
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2018, 05:57:47 PM »

Very nice Steve. Only a bit of gravel rash.  ;D
M.
YouTube Channel     wad5uk

Steve W

• "The Gaffer"
  • ^ not actual size
    • DroneFinder
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2018, 06:24:57 PM »

hehe it's all good, she has tape on the underside :) Good as new :)

Steve W

• "The Gaffer"
  • ^ not actual size
    • DroneFinder
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2018, 10:53:31 PM »

Well I decided to try out the 808 #16 camera and it's safe to say I've been spoiled over the years - this thing just doesn't cut it. Ignoring the fact that the flight camera was in the shot, it was just not good enough to watch back with any enjoyment. Everything seems too zoomed in because of the lens and it being only 720p and fairly poor light handling has consigned it to the bin from now on.

Looks like I need to be brave and just reinstall my replacement Mobius if I want any decent footage out of this airframe - well, now that it's flying very well I see no reason why it can't be done again.

Here's the footage from the #16 camera anyway if you feel like watching it

! No longer available
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

* Recent Topics
EXPLORING A BANDO AT SUNSET - ONE PACK by War Chest
[Yesterday at 10:04:32 PM]

I think I'm done... by Steve W
[Yesterday at 12:28:11 PM]

I got to see what my own flying looks like! by luv2rip-fvp
[Yesterday at 02:22:15 AM]

Manage to make it through the bars by luv2rip-fvp
[Yesterday at 02:19:45 AM]

Frsky radio advice by English Turbines
[August 16, 2018, 11:49:00 AM]

drop it like its hot - betaflight Q by The flying cat
[August 16, 2018, 11:00:28 AM]

Better Bungee Required by Coyote
[August 15, 2018, 01:21:25 PM]

video editing software suggestions? by BigT
[August 15, 2018, 11:42:46 AM]

E.T.s Z84...iNAV 2.0 and Eachine DVR Testing by English Turbines
[August 14, 2018, 04:46:56 PM]

FLY ANGRY by Lamaule
[August 14, 2018, 11:16:16 AM]

Evening Rip with wings and hay-bales by urbanfpv
[August 13, 2018, 04:13:07 PM]

E-wings - a new UK based EPP wing manufacturer by iwan_canobi
[August 13, 2018, 11:19:35 AM]

Mini Talon FPV Flight by Drone 5
[August 12, 2018, 05:14:30 PM]

Hi folks by Coyote
[August 11, 2018, 10:04:37 PM]

Schoolís out... by elmattbo
[August 09, 2018, 09:22:39 PM]

* Keywords
fpvhub  fpv hub
first person view video piloting

rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv piloting wings fly flying flight fuse fuselage aileron tail pan tilt tx rx vtx rtx receiver transmitter video radio control controlled headtracker fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting fpv servo servos easystar easy star multiplex antenna VR1400 fatshark video goggles 2.4 5.8 1.2 900 ghz mhz uhf panel antenna circular fpv polarised tracker dbi 10mw 100mw 500mw camera osd fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv first person view video piloting downlink ezantenna tracker gps EzOSD current sensor tiny telemetry autopilot ccd gopro kx131 kx171 FY21 FY21A FY21AP II IMU oracle diversity processor video switcher fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting insurance simulator delta wing glider funjet quadcropter helis heli helicopter electric nitro scratchbuild scratch build batteries battery 2s 3s 4s lipo lipos fpvuk first person view video piloting Antenna fpvhub  fpv first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv Airframe Artifical Horizon Auto pilot Av AWG AWU Bec Brownout Buddy box C rating CG Circular Polarized Data logger Dbi Dbm Dipole Diversity DVR Easycap EPO EPP Failsafe FM Freshnel zone Frequency Gain Ghz Goggles GPS Ground Station Gyro Head Tracker HD Hz Inverted Vee Jst LC Filter Lipo LUX Mah Mhz Omni OSD Pan Patch Platform Polarization Rssi RTH Servo Spotter Telemetry Tilt Tracker Transmitter TVL Ubec UHF Video Splitter Vrx Vtx Watts Yagi  fpv uk first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv

http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;xml http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=0 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=200 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=300 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=400 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=500 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=600 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=700 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=800 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=900 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1000 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1200
* Disclaimer
The content, views and opinions expressed within this forum are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of FpvHub. However, we reserve the right to remove or edit any content considered inappropriate.