Mini 3D Gimbal on MTD

Views: 9
Posted by: Coyote
in: Coyote`s Album
Matek 405-Wing

Views: 12
Posted by: Coyote
in: Coyote`s Album

Author Topic: E.T.s Martian 2.....A Fun Day Out.  (Read 982 times)

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
E.T.s Martian 2.....A Fun Day Out.
« on: July 08, 2018, 11:33:27 PM »

Blazing hot, and I had Hayfever, but the fun made up for it.....:)

! No longer available

:vulture:
Nothing beats the smell of Jet-A at 800 Celsius...:)
Falcon UHF & 1280mhz Video.
SW1900 & Storm.

ched

• Flight Lieutenant
Re: E.T.s Martian 2.....A Fun Day Out.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 11:09:05 AM »

Those hay rolls look good to fly round. Great strong signals there.

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 11:37:59 PM »

Those hay rolls look good to fly round. Great strong signals there.

Hi m8,

Yep, they were fun to fly around. Dry hot conditions, perfect for 5.8G meant the video link was rather good too...The XM Plus is a remarkable receiver, it has range by the bucket load, even with its antennas parked right next to my VTX antenna.
  It was a fun day out really, I even got asked to do some Judging when they ran the Aerobatic Competition.

Great site....Private Airstrip.

SW1900 & Storm.

Steve W

• "The Gaffer Tape King"
  • Administrator
  • Marshal of the Royal Air Force
  • I don't so much fly as get flown.
    • DroneFinder
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 01:28:02 AM »

I really must take my Vortex out more often, be nice to explore. In fact, my TBS Discovery would work too - if it had a vtx :(

ched

• Flight Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 05:43:42 PM »

Hi m8,

Yep, they were fun to fly around. Dry hot conditions, perfect for 5.8G meant the video link was rather good too...The XM Plus is a remarkable receiver, it has range by the bucket load, even with its antennas parked right next to my VTX antenna.
  It was a fun day out really, I even got asked to do some Judging when they ran the Aerobatic Competition.

Great site....Private Airstrip.

That did look like a great site. I just have a football field to use. No obstacles at all but then again   no public!!!!
That said they did move the goals so I had something to aim at :) I am going to make some 'gates' to fly round/through just to improve my control.

The only club I can find near me wants me to pass tests for Line Of Sight in acro mode and an fpv test!!!! I can't fly LOS very wall at all in acro, I can do stabilised but that's not allowed!!!!

Anyway I should be getting some new bits for the MartianIII in a next week. New FC, VTX, antenna and props :)

I am using FlySkyi6 and x6b rx and for the money it is really great, 14 channels, flight batt V and rssi telemetry.
Currently using eachines VTX03 vtx and gearbest pagoda antennas on ev100 goggles. All works OK but do get interference when flying under powerlines and I think some local wifi.
So hopefully a decent vtx (Tramp or Unity Pro race(cheaper only 200mW max) and decent antenna probably Menace Raptor should help a little.

English Turbines

• Air Commodore
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 11:21:36 PM »

That did look like a great site. I just have a football field to use. No obstacles at all but then again   no public!!!!
That said they did move the goals so I had something to aim at :) I am going to make some 'gates' to fly round/through just to improve my control.

The only club I can find near me wants me to pass tests for Line Of Sight in acro mode and an fpv test!!!! I can't fly LOS very wall at all in acro, I can do stabilised but that's not allowed!!!!

Anyway I should be getting some new bits for the MartianIII in a next week. New FC, VTX, antenna and props :)

I am using FlySkyi6 and x6b rx and for the money it is really great, 14 channels, flight batt V and rssi telemetry.
Currently using eachines VTX03 vtx and gearbest pagoda antennas on ev100 goggles. All works OK but do get interference when flying under powerlines and I think some local wifi.
So hopefully a decent vtx (Tramp or Unity Pro race(cheaper only 200mW max) and decent antenna probably Menace Raptor should help a little.

Hi m8,
             Well they sound like a right bunch of ogres to me...Im guessing they dont have any other Multi Rotor geeks in their Club either..?
   Im a bit lucky with my Club. I have been flying fixed wing FPV for a few years now and Im pretty much the only one doing it.
I actually passed my Multi Rotor basic test a couple of years ago with my old Alien 500...and have a BMFA Cert to prove it. I seem to remember it only involved doing some hovering and figure of eight flying. Certainly no Acro flying.
  I would challenge them to use an official BMFA Multi Rotor test, not something they have dreamt up to spite you..?
Good to hear you are still keen to push yourself....Im still loving quad flying, but dont tell anybody....lol.

SW1900 & Storm.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
  • I'm not deaf just thinking
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 10:03:41 AM »

That said they did move the goals so I had something to aim at 😊 I am going to make some 'gates' to fly round/through just to improve my control.

Anyway I should be getting some new bits for the MartianIII in a next week. New FC, VTX, antenna and props 😊

If it’s a BMFA club they “should” only use the recognised certification for certifying a pilot. As ET says there is the Basic Proficiency Cert for Rotorcraft which specifically allows the use of self levelling. The A Cert requires self levelling to be turned off but Heading lock mode  is allowed (as per the heli test). This is the same for the FPV extension although that particular test is under review as it is unlikely that FPV rotor craft pilots would ever attempt to hover over one spot in manual mode! Especially with a Racing 250 or 2 inch multi. The rest of the test is theory and will become common law by the end of this year. My advice is join practice the manoeuvres and go for it. Most clubs in the U.K. need members and money! http://achievements.bmfa.org/guidance-booklets/multi-rotor

Edit
Of course any club can impose its own rules regarding solo flight but they definitely cannot alter any test schedules to suit themselves!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 08:39:37 AM by BigT »
Favorite TV Series:The Sopranos
Favorite WW2 Movie's: Kelly's Heroes, Battle of Britain, Band of Bro

ched

• Flight Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 06:22:45 PM »

If it’s a BMFA club they “should” only use the recognised certification for certifying a pilot. As ET says there is the Basic Proficiency Cert for Rotorcraft which specifically allows the use of self levelling. The A Cert requires self levelling to be turned off but Heading lock mode  is allowed (as per the heli test). This is the same for the FPV extension although that particular test is under review as it is unlikely that FPV rotor craft pilots would ever attempt to hover over one spot in manual mode! Especially with a Racing 250 or 2 inch multi. The rest of the test is theory and will become common law by the end of this year. My advice is join practice the manoeuvres and go for it. Most clubs in the U.K. need members and money! http://achievements.bmfa.org/guidance-booklets/multi-rotor

Edit
Of course any club can impose its own rules regarding solo flight but they definitely cannot alterntye test schedules to suit themselves!
Cheers. I will keep my eyes open for new fpv test.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 09:19:28 AM »

I have just checked the schedule and it appears to have been changed already. The standard for the hover is reduced and the competent observer is allowed to call out the stops. It also appears that self levelling is now allowed for the FPV extension but not the gps. Now, I am unclear if that means that the gps would need to be disconnected from the F.C. as it could be used for height and speed read outs on the osd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ched

• Flight Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 02:49:52 PM »

I have just checked the schedule and it appears to have been changed already. The standard for the hover is reduced and the competent observer is allowed to call out the stops. It also appears that self levelling is now allowed for the FPV extension but not the gps. Now, I am unclear if that means that the gps would need to be disconnected from the F.C. as it could be used for height and speed read outs on the osd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for that I will have a look. My Martian3 doesn't have gps so that's no problem, it does have baro though  :D
I am OK with acro mode in fpv, well OK but not great  :D Was more thinking I need self level in LOS flying!
I will have a read up on new specs. Thanks very much.

BigT

• Nothing works !!
  • Air Commodore
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 10:01:03 AM »

Info received today from BMFA coordinator: No GPS at all but osd info from on board barometer is ok. The plan is to remove the hover portion altogether, bring in circuits and keep the figure of 8. You can ask the spotter to confirm your position but the spotter cannot talk you through the manoeuvre. Self levelling is allowed. Emphasis is on height control and spatial awareness. Compulsory questions and site specific questions remain.

ched

• Flight Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 12:03:06 PM »

Info received today from BMFA coordinator: No GPS at all but osd info from on board barometer is ok. The plan is to remove the hover portion altogether, bring in circuits and keep the figure of 8. You can ask the spotter to confirm your position but the spotter cannot talk you through the manoeuvre. Self levelling is allowed. Emphasis is on height control and spatial awareness. Compulsory questions and site specific questions remain.
Sounds good, thanks for the update.

I assume that as long as you pass the multirotor test you can fly any multirotor? My Martian3 220 is a bit nippy but I do have a F450 that is more docile  :D
Thanks.

* Recent Topics
FrSky R9M....868mhz European Frequency. by Steve W
[Yesterday at 07:35:48 PM]

Buzzer roundup: lost model finders (mostly for quads, but sometimes for planes) by Coyote
[Yesterday at 05:44:46 PM]

GoPro 7 Black by Coyote
[Yesterday at 05:42:13 PM]

9XR sometimes forgetting model selection by Coyote
[Yesterday at 05:03:17 PM]

Acehe 1500mAh 4S 75C-150C by Coyote
[Yesterday at 02:41:06 PM]

Wraith 32 BL-Heli suite issue by Coyote
[December 13, 2018, 10:59:30 PM]

Morphing Drone by Coyote
[December 13, 2018, 09:19:25 PM]

Gun, but not smoking by Coyote
[December 13, 2018, 06:36:27 PM]

Hello,everybody. by Dave
[December 13, 2018, 11:41:06 AM]

FlyBot Flux build thread by Steve W
[December 13, 2018, 12:11:33 AM]

* Keywords
fpvhub  fpv hub
first person view video piloting

rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv piloting wings fly flying flight fuse fuselage aileron tail pan tilt tx rx vtx rtx receiver transmitter video radio control controlled headtracker fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting fpv servo servos easystar easy star multiplex antenna VR1400 fatshark video goggles 2.4 5.8 1.2 900 ghz mhz uhf panel antenna circular fpv polarised tracker dbi 10mw 100mw 500mw camera osd fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv first person view video piloting downlink ezantenna tracker gps EzOSD current sensor tiny telemetry autopilot ccd gopro kx131 kx171 FY21 FY21A FY21AP II IMU oracle diversity processor video switcher fpvuk bfpvmfa fpv uk first person view video piloting insurance simulator delta wing glider funjet quadcropter helis heli helicopter electric nitro scratchbuild scratch build batteries battery 2s 3s 4s lipo lipos fpvuk first person view video piloting Antenna fpvhub  fpv first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv Airframe Artifical Horizon Auto pilot Av AWG AWU Bec Brownout Buddy box C rating CG Circular Polarized Data logger Dbi Dbm Dipole Diversity DVR Easycap EPO EPP Failsafe FM Freshnel zone Frequency Gain Ghz Goggles GPS Ground Station Gyro Head Tracker HD Hz Inverted Vee Jst LC Filter Lipo LUX Mah Mhz Omni OSD Pan Patch Platform Polarization Rssi RTH Servo Spotter Telemetry Tilt Tracker Transmitter TVL Ubec UHF Video Splitter Vrx Vtx Watts Yagi  fpv uk first person view video piloting rc r/c r.c. model aircraft flight pilot fpv

http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;xml http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=0 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=200 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=300 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=400 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=500 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=600 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=700 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=800 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=900 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1000 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1100 http://www.fpvhub.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;start=1200
* Disclaimer
The content, views and opinions expressed within this forum are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of FpvHub. However, we reserve the right to remove or edit any content considered inappropriate.